Sign in to follow this  
arizonaelitefreak

My son 1 coati 0

We started the day calling yotes and had one come in from behind us 5 feet from clay almost gave him a heart attack, lol after two shots from the 7mm the coyotes were up 1 to 0 and nothin strirring so we moved to the next stand, nothin but a whitetail doe, checked a couple more stands and nothing coming in so we decide to take the long way home, come across two more does and a spike buck that didnt even care we were there, even let clay stalk to within 10 yards to take pics, so now were on the way home and drop into a creek and notice some desert monkeys crossing the creek, so we all hop out of the jeep and try to get on them, and theres alot of small ones I shot twice at some bigger ones but my sons 22 lr seemed to be the one that found its mark, yeah I know its just a baby coati but its his first kill ever as he just passed the hunter ed 3 weeks ago and hes well on his way to making a great hunter good going son. We plan on getting this lil guy mounted for my lil guy a trophy sort of speak for the both of us!

post-3389-1252868941_thumb.jpg

post-3389-1252868997_thumb.jpg

post-3389-1252869054_thumb.jpg

post-3389-1252869113_thumb.jpg

post-3389-1252869171_thumb.jpg

post-3389-1252869228_thumb.jpg

post-3389-1252869315_thumb.jpg

post-3389-1252869374_thumb.jpg

he's so excited about hunting now that he's actually got to "bring home the bacon" and he can't wait to get it mounted!! His first kill I'm so proud of him!!

My congratulations to you and your son on his first kill. He looks so proud and I know you were also proud of the moment you both shared on his first kill. It won't be long now before you will be helping him carry out his first big game trophy. Thanks for sharing! :)

TJ

Congrats Andrew......and a great shot too. I had fun we have to do it again next weekend.

Congrats Andrew......and a great shot too. I had fun we have to do it again next weekend.

We all had a great time man next time well use the new calls you ordered and see what we can find hopefully we'll take home some yotes and maybe a bob cat!

We all had a great time man next time well use the new calls you ordered and see what we can find hopefully we'll take home some yotes and maybe a bob cat!

I can't wait seriously I can't i may go this evening. :lol: