Sign in to follow this  
cactusjack

11yo son shoots first deer

I couldn't have asked for a better day. I spent it hunting with my 11yo son and 6yo nephew and bro in law. We saw pigs, 20 or so does and 3 bucks. The boy had a tag last year but passed on a 260 yard shot because he felt unsure. This year we put in lots of range time and shot a lot of 200 yard targets and banged the 300 yard gong 10 ot so times each trip. It paid off. Today he dropped a 65incher @ 288 yards. The 243 did a number on him. I will post some pictures when I get off this hill. Awesome day!

Guest 300ultramag.

SWEET! congtrats to the youngin,that didnt take very long... but a lifetime of memories....

way to go Dad

Beau

Well done and congrats to you and your son.

-Ryan

That is way cool! I can't wait until I get to take my boys out! I love heaing stories like that! How old was your son when he started shooting the 243?

post-3516-1255274598_thumb.jpgI bought him the 243 when he was 6yo. My wife told me it was too early. She was right, but don't tell her that. He started shooting it when he was 9. He shoots it off with a Harris bi-pod and this year we bought the CLAW. He is a small kid and with the CLAW he also shoots his 308. We are going back after pigs tomorrow. FYI, you can see that he wears hiking gators, they are a little noisy while walking thru the brush, but because he is so small we can't find leather boots that go up high enough to keep the stickers out of his socks. The gators have been a lifesaver.