TATAat27

Held at gunpoint

I hate that it has happened, but I will admit they have beat me. I hunt solo and refuse to hunt the southern units anymore. I have been driven from my own land by enemy invaders. Thank you George W and Obama!

RON PAUL FOR PRES!!!

I think this Is a great post I agree with all that is written about the topic of safety when hunting but I look at it this way if there is illegal’s out there with bags of what ever on there back, they don’t want to be caught or bothered by anyone so there not looking for trouble with us the hunters because they know that we as hunters are armed with guns, radios, cell phones GPS so on. That being said there in our country not only doing very bad things but screwing up our hunts for that they should be shot LOL.

On a serious side the best thing we all can do ( I think) is if and when (bcs it will happen to every one of us in the southern units) is to call the BP ASAP and don’t bother with them don’t approach them don’t follow them.

I look it at it this way I don’t want to be in any situation were my son has a negative idea of hunting and I don’t want to have camp fire stories to be about that ether bcs after all I want hunting to be a happy memory for my son just like it was for me with my dad. Also if my life or the life of my family is in trouble I will do what ever it takes to live.

If you think they are intimadated by hunters with guns, gps, radios, cell phones, you are by far incorrect sir. They dont care, chances are pretty decent they are more armed than you. (I am talking full autos, shotguns, pistols etc) Not all of them are, actually a lot are not, but all it takes is one armed smuggler, with a citizen who thinks because he has a gun and radio etc that the smuggler will bow down and get out of his way... Trust me on this one, I know this isnt true.. Call it insiders knowledge...

I sorry I don’t mean or want to imply that they are intimidated by a hunter but what I am saying its all about the mighty dollar and they will gun you down if your in the way but I don’t feel that they are actively going around holding a sign on there head attracting attention I think they rather avoid people or confrontation at all cost bcs lets face it its bad for business

I didn't read all the posts...so maybe it was mentioned already. I think the idea of sending these personal stories to the government leaders is a good idea but sometimes it feels like it falls on deaf ears. So I think we should also send these stories to the news networks, specifically FOX. I think shows like Glen Beck and the Factor are more likely to pay attention to this kind of stuff.

Just my .2

I guess you have not been listening to the radio today. Fox is not a real news station but more like a tabloid. Acording to the other station and the Obama nation.

How bad is it in 34a? I have come across illegals but they weren't carrying any weapons that I was able to notice. Just curious which area/areas are the worst for the drug smugglers.

I hunted 34A on a Dec hunt a couple of years ago and did not glass up an IA, or even see much trash. Nothing noted on several scouting trips either.

Anyone have any experience with extreme SW New Mexico? I'm planning a bivy hunt in there in two weeks solo - now I'm starting to wonder if that's such a swell plan.

In my limited expeirience with SW NM it is just as bad as the worst areas in AZ. Just comes down when, not if , you will have an encounter.

How bad is it in 34a? I have come across illegals but they weren't carrying any weapons that I was able to notice. Just curious which area/areas are the worst for the drug smugglers.

I hunted 34A by myself with a muzzle loader a couple years ago. I didn't see any illegals but lots of trash and trails. My brother in-law was BORSTAR for the BP (basically their Search and Rescue/SWAT) and he was asking me where I went hunting. I told him and he followed with a story of a shoot out with smugglers and BP in the same canyon the week before. The stories him and his buddies tells are scary enough but the pictures he has almost made me puke. I have gutted plenty of animals (some gut sho) and it doesn't bother me one bit but shot/beat/raped/stabbed/gutted humans is something else. I refuse to stop hunting down there, although I prefer not to, because of all the stuff but I will not camp anymore nor will I go out alone. He was telling me that they predict 30K+ cross the border illegally every month and they catch maybe less than 30% and then most of them turn right around and get through anyways.

The part that gets me the most is a news report I seen after Nappy got back from a tour of the border shortly after she was she was appointed director of home land security and she said something to the affect that there is a definite border problem but she "does not see any immediate threat to US citizens"!! Are you f'ing kidding me!!! I don't want to get political but sportsman of all kinds, hunters, OHV recreationalist, anglers, hikers, mountain bikers, etc are all in serious trouble with our current administration. the want to shut our public lands down but only to legal citizens. They have it all backwards in my eyes.

I wish you guys would stop posting all these horror stories your starting to freak me out. I'll be down there by myself this year and I don't like that one bit!

I have a solution. Stop hunting these units! Stop putting in for these tags. Did you know that December has the most drug smuggling activity since it is right after the Marijuana harvest. Please stop putting in for those late hunts. It is not worth the risk. Remember, Late hunt = DANGER!

Be safe don't hunt 34-36 units.

Bob

I have a solution. Stop hunting these units! Stop putting in for these tags. Did you know that December has the most drug smuggling activity since it is right after the Marijuana harvest. Please stop putting in for those late hunts. It is not worth the risk. Remember, Late hunt = DANGER!

Be safe don't hunt 34-36 units.

Bob

Right..... not to mention it is a little cooler, so it is a little easier for them right??? ;)

If we were to group up and organize to stop the lawlessness we, like the Minutemen (and I can't profress to know much about the organization other than what I've read in the mainstream news)would be labeled as racists and hatemongers......

Used to be considered heroic. 200 years ago it would have been expected. Now we'd all go to jail. My 36B hunt starts friday, and I aint wussing out. Ima go kill me a buck.

Uncle Ted for President! Bp has there hands full with the situation down there! Hunters should have shifts of spotters and shooters that go down for a couple days a week and help control the dope loads that come across with copper and lead poisoning.