TAM

Mountian Lion

I had the opportunity to spend the last couple days with Randy Epperson and his hounds hunting mountain lion. Randy is one of the most experienced and hardest working hunters I've ever met. Not to mention he's just a great guy. He is the owner/outfitter of Rimrock Outfitters and is a sponsor of this site.

Thanks goes out to Randy and his dogs for another excellent hunt!

post-25-1256098117_thumb.jpg

post-25-1256098133_thumb.jpg

post-25-1256098158.jpg

This is a picture of the first lion I killed with Randy nearly 4 years ago.

post-25-1256098309.jpg

Check out the weird skull formation on the lion I just killed today. It's pretty lop-sided!

post-25-1256098169.jpg

Congrats Tim!! Way to go Randy!! Funky skull for sure.... can't wait to see it boiled out!!

Guest 300ultramag.

am I the only one that wants to hear details?

how many days did you chase him?

did you cut the track from the road?

scratching tom? running female?

did he double back... ever give you the slip... etc

somethin'

• Like 1

Good job! That skull, what the heck is that all about?

Thanks everyone! I'll keep you posted on the weird skull. It's going to take a couple months for the beatles to clean it off, but I'll take some pictues of it and post them when it's all done.

An interesting side note is that a few hundred yards before my lion treed, and in the same draw, a couple of the dogs were barking treed on a different lion in a tree. The only problem was that it was already dead! While some of the dogs stayed at that tree a couple of them continued the chase up the draw and treed the lion that I ended up shooting. Randy was going to go back in there yesterday with the game and fish officer to pull the dead lion out of the tree and see if they could tell what killed it. Since my lion jumped from that same general area, and the dead lion is much smaller we're thinking that perhaps my lion hurt it in a fight and the smaller wounded lion went up into the tree and died?

I'll post more later when we know more...