Sign in to follow this  
outdoor rush

hybrid?

is this a hybrid? it was the only deer out of the 5 bachelor group i saw that had brow tines and had an inside the ears spread. it was also a little smaller than the other mullies.

post-3770-1256407972_thumb.jpg

Can't really saw from the picture, the only way to tell is look at the tarsal glands on the inside of the back legs. If they are 2 inches long, whitetail. If 4 inches mule deer, and if 3 inches, hybrid. Other than that, the features can be any mixture of the two you can think of. ;)

If you have a coues tag do not shoot that buck. He is 100% mulie. Antler configuration on a young deer is not an identification marker.

EBB

Just shoot that three point in the tree behind him and you should be fine anyhow. :lol:

Looks like a small mule deer to me. He does curl funny but i would mark him a long eared carp.

Just shoot that three point in the tree behind him and you should be fine anyhow. :lol:

Looks like a small mule deer to me. He does curl funny but i would mark him a long eared carp.

+ 1 - And good catch on that deer behind him. I had to enlarge the pic to see it at first.

Great picture. Thanks for posting it.

Looks like a small mule deer to me

the one behind him looks like a big one

Thanks for all the replies, i figured it was a mullie i just have never seen one that small with brow tines. Like i said there were 5 deer a spike that guy a 3x3 and then two monster 4 bys that i couldnt get a pic of awesome to see the deer so close though. When they got up they were only 15yds from me i just couldnt get my camera out fast enough.

jake

I saw that 3 pointer too.....but, I think the three pointer is a mule deer.

if you recall, before he got speared by that stinkin' stingray, the crocodile hunter could tell all kindsa stuff about crocs by stickin' his thumb up it's butt. i'm pretty sure that's the only way to tell on deer too. all you gotta do is stick your thumb up it's butt and you'll know. RIP steve. i loved that show. Lark.

I don't know what they are but they look SWEET!!! ;)