Sign in to follow this  
loco4coues

Sweet Success

I am posting this for my 15 year old brother. Him and another of my brothers drew the unit 22 tag for october, and my dad went along to help them out. They glassed up some does and a muley buck on opening morning, with no WT bucks spotted. They moved to a different vantage point on saturday morning and at 7:40 am my dad glassed up this buck at 800 yds. He was in really thick cover and right up against a sheer rock face. My dad and younger brother took off to get closer to him. They spotted him bedded and ranged him @ 228 yards. He was behind a rock and my brother didn't have a shot so they needed to wait for him to get up. By the time they had stalked within range and relocated the buck it was almost 10:00. My brother got in a prone position and got ready for the shot. After about 10 minutes the buck decided to stand and stretch...my brother was ready and laid the hammer down on him. The buck is very symetrical and scores 102 3/8". Clay at Mogollon Taxidermy will be doing the mount for my brother.

On a side note I had the 24B tag and hunted friday-tuesday. We were after some good bucks that we had scouted but we couldn't find them. I shot a spike tues. morning (the last day that i could hunt) @ 450 yards.

here are the pics of my brother with his buck, enjoy:

What a pig. Congrats on a gorgeous buck.

NIIIIIICE! What a great buck! Congrats to your brother! That is one great looking buck. I love those tall, wide symetrical coues. Wow, just cherish the moment - bucks that BIG and that gorgeous don't come along very often. Those G3's are unreal! Keep that spot close to the belt! Great genetics in there for sure.

Great buck! Congrats to your brother. I think I would have missjudged him a bit because he does look bigger then 102".

Very Nice Buck. Congrats to the hunter. I agree with the others. I would have guess that Buck to be another 5 or 6 inches.

wow

He looks to be about 108 or so but not 102 congrats anyway on a great buck. ;)

I agree - great deer and great genes. Way to go!

Congratulations on a great buck!