EagleEye

Coues Down 3x3

Hi everyone just wanted to thank you all I know for a fact this site helped be bag this buck. The glassing tips and other advise are awesome. Anyway went to 36B had great hunt had shots 3 days in row. This buck fell first fifteen minutes what a blessing to glass up my first buck so early. Caught in a his bed 260 yd directly across from our spot. Saw lots of dows and 6 other bucks in 3 days. My couterparts missed em but thats ok. I am totally hooked. Anyway can anyone give me some idea on score I just want a refernce for field judging and what I am holding in my hands thanks. Sorry got to work on my pics. post-1257-1257998259.jpgEagleEye

post-1257-1257998259.jpg

Awesome buck Eagle Eye. Congratulations. I think this year is turning out as a tough year, so you should feel fortunate. As far as score, it is just a numbers game that often times does not give the true quality of a buck. I think you have a buck that illustrates this point. You have a Deer that has a rack that has a so called 90" frame, but will not score that high due to the lack of brow tines. I think this buck (really hard to judge from pictures) will be in the low 80s, Yet In my opinion it is a much nicer buck then a low 80s buck because it has nice mass and is probably an older buck. Those are factors that I appreciate more than a couple inches of brow tines. I would be delighted if I harvested this buck. I have bucks that score more point wise, but in my opinion are not as nice as this buck, due to the mass and age factor. Hope you understand what I am trying to say. Nice Buck!

Bob

Congrats on a great looking 3x3. Great job and thanks for sharing - and let's hear the whole story. Sounds like you had a really great hunt.

Bobbyo is DEAD ON wrt to score. That's a great buck that has eluded many a hunter for many years. You did very well, and I'm glad to see you hooked on chasing these elusive deer.

Nicely done!

I dont think the buck will make it in the 80's as he has no eye guards. I think low 70's is more like it. With 3" eyeguards, he would probably make it in the 80's

Casey,

Now you made me put pen to paper. Here is what I came up with. If I had length of main beams and mass at base I am sure I could get it real close.

MB 13x2 = 26

Spread = 13

G1(normally G2) 5x2 = 10

G2(normally G3)3.5x2= 7

Mass 3" ave x8 = 24

Total = 80

Like I already said, Nice Deer!