Sign in to follow this  
Rharris

Marcy's NM Success

What an awesome hunt with my husband and my son! We saw so many deer and passed on several bucks. When we saw this one, we really didn't know how big he was, but we knew he was a shooter.

We bumped him on day one and could only locate his buddy that was with him, so we decided to back out that evening. We knew he would be in the same area the next morning, so we went right back in where we had seen him and started glassing. We went in slowly, glassing as we went, and ended up on the same ridge we were the night before. We quickly found the buddy that had been with him, but still could not locate the shooter. We even spotted a small forked horn bedded nearby. The buddy (a small 3x3) was bedded in a spot that soon would have sun on it, so we planned to wait for him to get up and move. We were hoping this would instigate the big buck to get up and move as well, as we still could not see him. After about an hour of watching them, suddenly, the shooter stood up. We were still 400 yards away. I shot and did not make a lethal shot, but he was now anchored. My shot was a little bit to the right. We snuck closer and had to try several different angles to get another shot on him, as he was bedded under brush at a challenging angle. Finally, we found a spot at 257 yards and I rolled him in his bed.

We have green scored him already. What's your guess?

I am also up for Extreme Huntress for 2009. If you haven't voted and would like to support me, please visit www.tahoefilms.com and click vote now in the Extreme Huntress Contest. It only takes a minute. I am still way behind on votes and I am one of the very few blue collared hunters, just like you, that made the cut.

Thanks,

Marcy

post-92-1258338334_thumb.jpg

post-92-1258338348_thumb.jpg

post-92-1258338360.jpg

Great job Marcy - already voted for you, but you rock.

I sure hate trying to cyber-guess a score without having the rack in my hands. It's unusual for a buck's G3s to beat his G2s so it's even more complicated. My first impression of this buck is 96-ish. Given the main beam length and symmetry, I'd say it has potential to go 102 befor deductions.

So those of you with benefit of the tape - what's the shake-down?

Outstanding buck!! Congrats on a great hunt!!

Sorry Jason... but I gotta say your low! ;) I'm gunna say 106"-108" gross. :D

Congratulations on a beautiful buck! I'm with Gino on this one and think he'll go in the 105-109" range. Regardless of score he is an awesome buck.

Congratulations. That picture with the three of you is a great one. I say 106ish on the score. Either way that is a good looking buck!

Thanks for sharing!

107 Great buck!