Sign in to follow this  
Mrs125coues

Broke the curse...Got my Javelina

I was lucky enough to have my husband buy me the Commissioner's special tag for Javelina. I have been bowhunting these littler critters for 7 years and have not been sucessful, till now. We went out yesterday morning and I got on some pigs and drew back for a shot and could not see my pins as my peep site had twisted! :angry: I let got the peep site fixed at Bear Mountain that afternoon as Mark had his new scope mounted on his new gun. We went back out this morning with our friends Jerry and Rodney. Mark and Rodney went down one ridge and Jerry and I the other. After walking and glassing down the ridge, Jerry and I decided to go all the way to the bottom and come up the other side of the ridge that the pigs went over the previous day. As we got close to the bottom we worked our way over to the edge and boggered up 3 adults and some babies. One baby was left behind and Jerry said to get ready to shoot as the pig's would come back for it. Well the most awesome thing happened, the baby came over to us and ended up standing on my boot! :) Jerry was video taping all of this. We let the baby get about 20 yards in front of us and moved to stay with it, shortly a mom showed up and got the baby and ran off. As we were watching them run off Jerry said he heard some more not far away. I radioed Mark and told him we were in the pigs and that I was turning off the radio. As we stood there the pigs just started coming out of the trees and milling around us. I did some quick ranging and got my shots located and waited for one to come clear. I drew back to take a 30 yard shot out in front of me and waited for the shot, then another pig come out from a bush to my right at about 10 yards, I turned to take the shot and he turned and faced me head on. I waited till he turned his head and made a head on shoulder shot. He went about 25 yards and droped. Mark got to watch the whole thing from the ridge across from us and Jerry got the whole thing on video. When I got to the Javelina he turned out to be a young female. I was hoping to get something a little bigger, but I was extremly happy with my success. I will be on a HAM hunt in Feb and will use my muzzleloader and hopefully get a larger boar.

post-3562-1258946679_thumb.jpg

post-3562-1258946706_thumb.jpg

post-3562-1258946722_thumb.jpg

post-3562-1258946691.jpg

Congratulations!!! Now, when are you going to post the video!!! We want to see it!

Thanks for sharing your adventure. Those little javelina are the cutest little things, nice you got to have one stand on your foot for awhile!

Amanda

Congrats on the hog! Hey have I been to that spot before? :lol: :P

Congrats on the hog! Hey have I been to that spot before? :lol: :P

Hey Dallas, Yes, I do believe so :unsure: :rolleyes: :lol:

Congratulations!!! Now, when are you going to post the video!!! We want to see it!

Thanks for sharing your adventure. Those little javelina are the cutest little things, nice you got to have one stand on your foot for awhile!

Amanda

I am trying to get the video from my friend and downloaded to my computer...I will send it to you to post as soon as I get it.

Kathi, I knew it was just a matter of time before you shot one and a big CONGRATULATIONS from Peg and I. Who better to have on your hunt, besides Mark, than Jerry. He is a hard hunter and I can't wait to see the video. :)

TJ