coues7

What do you pack for lunch

I also like the walmart trailmix, i also like these Bumble bee prepackaged tuna salad w/crackers. They are good, nutritious 7 don't make a mess when you're done. Another handy thing to take along w water are those Caprisun drinks.

I have a paranoia about not having enough water. I normally take about twice what I need. It gets heavy really quickly but I'm young enough I can still get away with it ;) .

For food I love the Bumblebee tuna kits. They seem to give me a good boost. I also like the Sweet and Salty granola bars, cookies, a piece of fruit(apple or orange) and 1 or 2 sandwiches.

now that unit 22 and 23 are closed for the Dec. archery hunt we hit up 21

enough water for day, assorted snacks.. sardenes crackers til' it gets dark then hall a$$ to camp verde to crusty's pizza.

let me tell you after eating snacks it is the best!

james

Home made deer/elk jerky, peanut butter crackers, trail mix and apples. When it comes to candy we stay away from chocolate due to the melting factor and take paydays. I also like to break down an mre and take the main course of my childrens choosing. They like the way the heat up and taste! :blink:

Deer jerky, a can of smoked oysters and saltine crackers. Also carry a couple of granola bars and Snickers for an unexpected overnighter--and, as everyone else says, enough water in the hydration bladder to last.

Home made deer/elk jerky, peanut butter crackers, trail mix and apples. When it comes to candy we stay away from chocolate due to the melting factor and take paydays. I also like to break down an mre and take the main course of my childrens choosing. They like the way the heat up and taste! :blink:

Nice avatar CouesPatrol!

Have you posted that pic and the hunt stories in the forum yet? Would be nice to see that larger. Is that a nontyp point coming off the left beam of one of those bucks?

Nice avatar CouesPatrol!

Have you posted that pic and the hunt stories in the forum yet? Would be nice to see that larger. Is that a nontyp point coming off the left beam of one of those bucks?

+1 Lets see it and hear about it!

Nice avatar CouesPatrol!

I will try to post as soon as possible. With work and coaching two little league baseabll teams it's hard to find time. And yes, that is a non-typical point.

you fellers put way too much thought and work into this. if somebuddy is with me i just take their stuff away and eat it. if i'm alone i'll just kill a snake or somethin' and eat it. snakes are good for ya. just skin it and swallow it whole, tail end first. on the way through, yer guts disolve off all the meat and the skeleton comes out whole. cleans ya out better than a bran muffin. you'll be so clean that when ya fart you'll whistle for a couple days. and it kinda tickles on it's way through. Lark.

I like taking a spam sandwich for lunch and those spam singles packages work great for it. Usually I'll also bring a couple cans of beanie weenies and a couple fruit cups. And of course lots of water

Guest Bandido

Couple sandwiches - just meat and bread, granola bars, some hard candy (I like Jolly Ranchers). Jerky is always good - I make my own. Don't eat the yellow snow. :ph34r: