coues7

What do you pack for lunch

the chef boyardees are good i like the raviolis. i also pack the single servings (with the pop top) of canned corn, beanie weenies, pork n beans, or bush's baked beans.normaly have some granola bars, oatmeal cream pies and the snack crackers w/ the cheese spread are really good, especially if you have meat sticks. paydays are good too cuz they dont melt. i like dried apples alot too

I put in a couple cans of vienna sausages, small can of fruit, an orange. Then some jerky and snacks for glassing breaks .I still want to try the peanut butter and bacon sandwich like talked about in the book by cameron H. I have a better lunch with ice cold coke at the rhino or quad for when i get back with my deer.

Snickers, apples, Cliff bars, mixed nuts (love the salty cashews), jerky or other deer snack sticks. Nothing beats some fried chicken legs or wings about 9 am. Some chocolate for sure. Hershey's Nuggets always pick up the pace after a slow morning of glassing. I take along jolly ranchers too. Helps keep the saliva moving when water is short.

2 or 3 hard boiled eggs with salt,pepper and some Arizona Gunslinger for breakfast. Smoked oysters and or Kipper snacks with crackers for lunch. Ya you should smell it about dinner time! :lol:Just ask azcoues33! Plus some bars or trail mix to snack on here and there.

Lunchables also work well for lunch to.

coues7

You can reuse one of those small single serving Pringles cans to Keep your crackers from getting smashed.

Dude - I used to do the sardines and oysters bit - LOL - If you can't eat it at home why eat it on a hill? :lol: :P

Very convenient for sure to open up some "sardines in mustard sauce" or canned smoke oysters....Anybody sharing a tent with you has to be dragging you to the edge of camp come midnight. :blink:

Lunch is usually turkey and cheese on a bagel, some chips/doritos/cheetos, an apple, and a few cookies for the sweet tooth. Sometimes I'll pack a soda.

Snax include Clif bars, jerky, cheese sticks, Powerade.

Dude - I used to do the sardines and oysters bit - LOL - If you can't eat it at home why eat it on a hill? :lol: :P

Very convenient for sure to open up some "sardines in mustard sauce" or canned smoke oysters....Anybody sharing a tent with you has to be dragging you to the edge of camp come midnight. :blink:

Trust me AzOnecam I have thought about rolling him out of camp a few times!!!! :angry:

lol

Can of Coke, great for long days of glassing. Tuna packets are the best thing these days. Easy to carry, store and pack out. Lots of protien. Energy bars and sunflower seeds. If its cold I'll do the lunchables. Not this year though.

About 5 pounds of elk or deer jerkey and water.....what else is there? ;)

The sardines in mustard sauce help give extra "propulsion" when you are hiking up hill. ;)

About 5 pounds of elk or deer jerkey and water.....what else is there? ;)

You said it....

I usually make 4 gallon ziplock bags of elk jerky to take hunting, 2 with green chile, 2 without. Supplimented with the usual candybars, and jolly ranchers. If there are any leftovers from the night before they get tossed into tortillas and packed also.

--Bill

The sardines in mustard sauce help give extra "propulsion" when you are hiking up hill. ;)

:lol: :lol: :blink: