Well it is acouple weeks away before the late Dec. hunt starts. Did anyone on the Nov. 27th hunt see any rut activity during your hunt. Bucks running with does. Bucks sparing or good scrapes. Hopefully the weather recieved in the lower portion of AZ will help kick it off.

We glassed our eyeballs :blink: out for 3 days in 36B -Yellow Jacket Creek area, and found 5 whitetail does and 8 mule deer- 1 was a 2pt buck- needless to say- we got skunked-- no rut activity without bucks :( - I did get to witness a whitetail doe in full escape mode from a yote at about 300 yds- I've never seen an animal in the wild move that fast- no shot at the yote- he was at full speed also- she got away

I watched a group of 8 today for about 35 minutes. It was 6 does and 2 bucks. The bucks didn't show any interest at all, and the bigger of the two actually walked off and left all the does.

No, rut in the low desert for mulies. Last weekend spotted3 group of does all alone, and one group of 4 bucks still running together. I think it wont start until late Dec or early Jan

Thanks for the info. I am going out on Saturday to check acouple of spots. If anyone see's any action feel free to drop a note. Dec. 11th is soon approaching! It is like an early Christmas presant just waiting to be opened!

I haven't seen anything yet. Some small bucks in the same area's as does, but they don't seem to be too frisky

There was some pre rut activity later in the 11/27 hunt in 31. Sparring and some good bucks running the does around a little. I think most of it is caused by the cold front swinging through and they are "feeling there oats". Still plenty early.

My sons saw some pre-rutting on Tues. the 2nd. About a 90 incher chasing some does and a couple of small bucks sparring.

Out for my Dads late bull hunt we had shot opps on many nice coues bucks at very close range, go figure, the bulls were super alert and skidish though, even the ones still hangin with the cows? A couple nice bucks with the girls and allot of really fresh rubs, also some big bucks still grouped up and loner bucks cruising the trails hard in search of early nookie. It has started somewhat. Really looking forward to this archery season!!! Their letting there guard down allready ;) . I believe the cold is a factor as well. Never hunted the rut before, I can't wait!!!

+1 They are definatly feeling there oats.