Sign in to follow this  
bowhuntaz1

Is this a wolf or hybrid?

Just got a call from one of the wolf guys (chris). He stated that from the frontal shot it is not a wolf, but from the side shot, there MIGHT be some wolf blood in there somewhere... Hybrid is a possiblity...

Great feed back guys, thanks...

Pretty cool that you got an answer back so quick, in NM we wouldn't even be able to get in touch with the right person for months. I suppose that if you took a frontal shot at it you'd be alright. Any other shot be careful you don't hit any "wolf blood". ;)

Thanks for sharing the pictures.

--Bill

He said there were alot of things that everyone (the experts) said no about <_< BUT things that made them say yes to hybrid :ph34r: ... He stated that they might go take a look around and do some calling... I guess the pics have sparked a little intrest. He also stated there has been one confirmed case of cross breeding with domestic dogs...Will keep you all informed. ;)

James

That looks like a dog that has been taken care of. It is in very good shape, it has clean hair and it seems to be alone--wolves run in packs and if this one was all alone then i would think someone lost their dog.

Here's a picture of a good friend of mine in northern Quebec luring one in close...

005.jpg

if he'da shot it, fried some up along with several other endangered species, i could tell in a blind taste test if it was wolf or not. wolf is good stuff. a lot better than them stinkin' spotted owls or black footed ferrets. Lark.

Some animal rights group just got taken, thought they would buy some of their own wolves and get in the reintro game. HaHa, wish I had thought to get some dogs like that and sell them to those ...........

Kent

It's a Malamute. I used to breed them. It looks exactly like my female. I will dig up a picture tomorrow and post.

I agree. My female looks just like it.

You know this thread just got me thinking about how wolves really get a bad rap , all those old stories of them attacking and killing people ,

why thats not true at all ....................

if you go back and read thru the history books they usually only carried off women and children .

post-704-1259981805.jpg

Hybrid, a domesticated one. A stray or a Feral. My guess. Lot's of "wolf dogs" in N. az., probly a pet,or a pooch without a porch.