thegunsmith2506

A good day of calling

We went down south to visit family for a few days this past weekend. I was able to sneak away Sunday for a little coyote calling. The best part was...... My wife gave me my Christmas present early. A brand new FoxPro FX3! I went to a few of the spots I hunted as a kid, the action was awesome! We made 11 stands between 8:00am and 4:00pm. Called in 7, and killed 5. All were shotgun kills between 20 and 60 yards. We used: Remington Wingmaster HD BB Loads, Heavy Shot B Loads, Winchester #4 Buck. The #4 Buck was by far the best load we tried. I can't wait to get back down there for another trip!

this was my buddies first coyote

DSC01573.jpg

DSC01576.jpg

DSC01578.jpg

DSC01579.jpg

DSC01580.jpg

DSC01589.jpg

DSC01588.jpg

DSC01587.jpg

DSC01585.jpg

DSC01583.jpg

DSC01594.jpg

DSC01593.jpg

DSC01591.jpg

Thanks a lot - now I've gotta blow a wad of cash on a fox-pro! :P

Seriously, great job. Looks like you guys had one heck of a day.

Well done with the scatterguns. I think callin and shooting critters with a shotgun is the most exciting way to predator hunt. I agree with you on the choice of shells. I now only shoot #4 buck in three inch with a Carlson's dead coyote choke tube.

Keep after them.

Awesome! Way to go!

Hey, how come we got no details on those two bull tags you all had?

Awesome! Way to go!

Hey, how come we got no details on those two bull tags you all had?

Not a whole lot to tell on the bull tags. In the archery hunt they just wouldn't bugle, and were only hitting water in the dark. It was a lot of fun! I hunted hard for 9 days. Saw the bull I was after almost every day, and he would water under my treestand at 10pm some nights. I have lots of pics of him. On the rifle hunt we saw a few bulls but couldn't get it done. The only time I could get my wife in range, the wind was 40-50 miles an hour. It was brutal! We saw one really good bull opening day, but lost him in the canyons mid day. All in all it was a great time, and hope to draw again next year.

Love the NOTCAL sticker! LOL I have the same one! Good work on the dogs! Amazing how so many guys are leaving the 22-250's, and .223's at home and dusting off the shottys.