Sign in to follow this  
dazed

my wifes first whitetail

I wanted to thank all those who responded to my post for hunting unit 31. We kinda struggled at first to find any whitetails. The wind made it hard to glass. Some of the area we used to hunt is now being developed. We finally got up into the high mts. and the first buck my father in law spotted (while eating a blackberry pie) was this nice buck my wife shot. She made a awesome shot in the high wind at 287 yrds. We have a great video of the kill. I'll post it as soon as I can figure out how. We ended up seeing 4 or 5 bucks the last 2 days but nothing my bro in law wanted to shoot. We had a great time as always. We love the dessert! Congrats to those hunters who have posted pics. They are some fun bucks. That pig that (coues and bass) shot is a dream buck. Thanks again all.

post-4043-1262880190_thumb.jpg

Congratulations to your wife on her buck. It must have been great having everyone there to share her hunt. :)

TJ

Thank you (dazed) for your comments, I was happy with Captain Hook as he was called by a few.....

It is great to see you out with the family passing down our love of the outdoors and even more hunting Coues!

I hope that I pointed you in the right direction. Just remember get away from the hunter pressure to find the good ones.

Hope to maybe see you in the field in 2010.

Looks like you had plenty of help to get everything carried out!

Well done. Congratulations to your bride!