Sign in to follow this  
Non-Typical Solutions

Application Anxiety

Now, if they have on line apps and also charge your credit card, that may work. But, I still think more people will apply. Writing out a check deters some people who just want to gamble........

What about an application that can be sent in online and money still mailed in?? Probably a nightmare, but I didn't like the credit card thing about online, it encouraged alot of extra applicants.........

I NEVER WANT TO SEE ON LINE APPS AGAIN!!! I want to hunt. If more people apply I have less chance to do so. I know how to write correctly and know where the post office is as well as the Game and Fish. YES, it takes more time by hand but if that means that my odds go up substantially of getting a tag then lets make it even harder to apply.

And yes, I also get almost twice as many envelopes that I need because I make sure everyone of them is neat and legible with no mistakes. I fill out 4 separate applications for each species. I haven't been rejected because of a mistake in 25 years.

Just my 2 cents worth!

I NEVER WANT TO SEE ON LINE APPS AGAIN!!! I want to hunt. If more people apply I have less chance to do so. I know how to write correctly and know where the post office is as well as the Game and Fish. YES, it takes more time by hand but if that means that my odds go up substantially of getting a tag then lets make it even harder to apply.

And yes, I also get almost twice as many envelopes that I need because I make sure everyone of them is neat and legible with no mistakes. I fill out 4 separate applications for each species. I haven't been rejected because of a mistake in 25 years.

Just my 2 cents worth!

I forget the exact numbers, but I seem to recall that the year after the pulled the plug on the on-line apps a few years ago, the number of applications did NOT take a significant dive. The vast majority of hunters are going to put in for a tag, whether it's on-line or not.

Seriously, how many hunters to YOU know who would not put in, simply because it's not on-line?? Doesn't make much of a difference on draw odds.....

S.

:)

I always end up sealing the envelopes and then ripping them back open just to make sure everything is ok. Then I keep having my wife check to make sure the checks clear, then I'm good!

I think one benefit of the online app process being suspended is that there are probably fewer anti's that put in just to eat up some tags.

I always end up sealing the envelopes and then ripping them back open just to make sure everything is ok. Then I keep having my wife check to make sure the checks clear, then I'm good!

I think one benefit of the online app process being suspended is that there are probably fewer anti's that put in just to eat up some tags.

You could be right on the anti's thing..... Might make a small difference, but again, I think the statistics show otherwise.... ;)

S.

You could be right on the anti's thing..... Might make a small difference, but again, I think the statistics show otherwise.... ;)

S.

I agree about less anti's buying up the tags - but they do have to buy a license. How about when they allowed people to apply without a license and only issued a license if you got a tag. Now, that encouraged ALOT more people to apply.

I went through some of the old stats. I'm thinking Game and Fish got rid of on-line apps in 2004. That was a very high application year for many units for the elk and antelope draw. Take a look.

With the economy down, maybe we all might have a better chance of drawing a tag this year. I just wrote out $550.50 worth of application fees. With 15 bonus points, I may get an antelope tag. But, then again, I hoping there is a miracle and my daughter gets one with only 3 points:).

I only messed up one app. this year out of 8 so far. Now to write the checks.........

+1

1/19, No call from the game and fish, Checks cleared, must mean I filled em' out right. Now, to wait until March 31st @ 2:37 pm ;) I already heard :lol:

I fill the information out online. and print out the application afterwards. The convienent thing about this method is that your computer will remember the information for the cells on the application and autofill it for you with last years info :lol: PROBLEM!!!! it will however fill your license with the prior years code I.E. this year is is HD***** last year was HL***** I printed them out and wrote out the checks ready to seal them and looked at the no# I had got from Connie @ AZGFD realizing that the license was incorrect I turned the L into a D :ph34r: ppppeewwwwww... close one... but it does make it easier!!! :rolleyes: good luck all as long as you are not putting for the same hunts as me :) 3C Archery Bull / 10 Archery Antelope...FINGERS CROSSED with 10 POINTLESS points

Anybody ever get a bad feeling after dropping that envelope in the mailbox if everything was filled out correctly and signed. Ever since I dropped my app off yesterday in the box I have been wondering if I signed my check or not. I spent so much time making sure my app was filled out entirely I cant remember if I signed my check or not. :angry: Guess I will find out in a week or two. Good luck to everybody in the upcoming draw.

Anybody ever get a bad feeling after dropping that envelope in the mailbox if everything was filled out correctly and signed. Ever since I dropped my app off yesterday in the box I have been wondering if I signed my check or not. I spent so much time making sure my app was filled out entirely I cant remember if I signed my check or not. :angry: Guess I will find out in a week or two. Good luck to everybody in the upcoming draw.

That is exactly what I am talking about.......but I wasn't smart enough to use the computer version you guys been talking about I appreciate the heads up on that I will have to try that approach for deer and see if it gives me any anxiety relief........

Hope you all messed up on your apps so I have half a chance of getting drawn......JK.....................