Sign in to follow this  
Icassidy

Two-fer Coues 2009

Was blessed in 2009 to guide my dad in on a decent 2x3 in velvet in September. He stalked into 48 yards of three bedded bucks and arrowed the buck pictured. December rolled around and I hunted hard for 12 or 13 days before being able to stalk within 11.5 yards of this 3x3 with some help from my buddy Marty.

post-2991-1263341142.jpg

post-2991-1263341161.jpg

wow! 11.5 yards. that is impressive. how long did that take you?

nice bucks. congrats.

The stalk took about 2 hours I'm guessing. Belly crawled for about 40-50 yards after I got to 77 yards of him and they waited him out at the 20ish yard mark till he got up from his bed. Grunted him a few times while I waited and he finally came to see what was going on. He got up and started my way and I closed another 5-9 yards on him while he walked through a small cut.

Stalking a deer with a bow and getting that close takes alot of work. A dozen or so things can go wrong. Looks like you and Dad did everything right and congratulations on your bucks. :)

TJ

Stalking a deer with a bow and getting that close takes alot of work. A dozen or so things can go wrong. Looks like you and Dad did everything right and congratulations on your bucks. :)

TJ

+1... ;)

Kudos on the successful stalks. Surely they will leave some rewarding memories. Must have had an excited rush flowing in the veins being that close.