Sign in to follow this  
markhunts

New to the site

Hi, I've been on the site a few times and seen some of the trophies that some of you have taken.. Great site, and I just want to say, if most or all of you are like member Jeff Harrison, I'm impressed... We met Jeff last weekend while bowhunting.. He was a great person to talk to and gave up some info on where to possibly find a Javelina... My 16 year old son (bowhunter13) and I bowhunted the last week of December and the 2nd week of January in Arizona. We saw many deer and some nice bucks. Although we didn't see any pigs where Jeff mentioned, it was definitely "Piggy" country. We've actually hunted Arizona for Coues for many years, and have been fortunate to take some nice bucks, and a few Javelinas along the way. It was just nice to meet someone from the area that was willing to talk to us even though we were from out of state. It's hunters like Jeff that make the hunting community a great one to be around. Thanks Jeff. ( and by the way, I got a shot at an 80 inch buck later that day, and missed.............LOL).. But what a great time.. I did manage to score on a 20 year quest for me, by taking a mature Coati Mundi.. I got obsessed with them 20 years ago on my first hunt in Arizona, and have been trying to harvest one ever since.. This time the planets must have all been aligned.. LOL.... I know for most of you on here that live in Arizona, a Coati isn't a big deal, but they aren't in our area, and no one here has one, so I'm exstatic with my first... The Coues' pic is the buck I shot in Mexico in December. What a great hunt. He grossed 105, and is my biggest Coues to date.. I couldn't be happier.. Mark.

post-4138-1264130553_thumb.jpg

post-4138-1264130585_thumb.jpg

post-4138-1264130723_thumb.jpg

Now THAT"S an introduction!

Congrats on your trophies!

A Coati is a big deal, even in these parts. LOL

Kudos to Jeff for the AZ hospitality also.

B)

Welcome Mark, I was up in the same area and have been friends with Jeff for 20 years, he told me about you guys. Congrats on the Coati!

He is coueskrazy on the site, aka Jeff Henderson.

Welcome to the site and congratulations on your animals! Coatis are definitely interesting animals! Got to watch one rooting around the other day in Mexico.

Where are you from?

Amanda

It was my pleasure Mark. You weren't kidding when you said you and your son (great kid) hunt a lot! you guys took Bear, Antelope, Elk, Mule Deer, Whitetail, Hogs, and now a Coati..... all in '09! Keep in touch and let me know when you guys get to come back to the desert.

Thanks everyone for the nice comments. And sorry Jeff, I told you I wasn't good with names. Henderson instead of Harrison.. LOL.. We did have a great year in 09. I'm fortunate to have full custody of my son, It's just been he and I for the last 12 years, so we've been very lucky to hunt many things together.. It doesn't get any better than that. We live in Utah Amanda, and have made many trips to Arizona hunting over the years. I must compliment you on your website, it's a great site. Keep it up. Thanks again, and Jeff we'll stay in touch. We're putting Remington in for the Juniors hunt in the fall, so hopefully he'll draw and we'll be back down. I've still got an unfilled archery tag, so maybe I'll get down there in August.. Oh ya, I am getting the Coati done in a full body mount. should look great, can't wait.

It is about time you got on here bro. I guess now that you are in the 100" club you gotta get on the coues site. Just kiddin. Congrats on finally killing your nemisis (Coati Mundi). Later your Brother

Hey there Brother, good to see you on here as well.. LOL. We both lucked out and made the 100 club this year huh? What a fun trip that was. And about the Coati,,, remember your quote? "What are the odds Dude of seeing another Coati, you've already seen 3 this year, and think of all of the times we've been there and not seen them.." LOL.. Thanks, I think you helped me look harder.. LOLOL.... Later Bro.

Hey guys looks like my dad beat me on here. This is a great looking site thanks for telling us about it Jeff. Here is some pictures of muleys because i have only killed one Coues deer and its a 5x7 haha 5"x7" :rolleyes: . hey Ultra next time we go tell me i have no chance of killing a big buck haha. sorry there is alot of pictures i know. The 3x3 that is mounted is my 2007 archery buck the field photo's arent downsized.

post-4137-1264298218_thumb.jpg

post-4137-1264298435_thumb.jpg

post-4137-1264298638_thumb.jpg

post-4137-1264298687_thumb.jpg

post-4137-1264298743_thumb.jpg

post-4137-1264298780_thumb.jpg

post-4137-1264298892_thumb.jpg