Sign in to follow this  
tjhunt2

a little late/elk pic

Today is the last day of the January archery hunt and I sit here typing while some lucky hunter is still giving it their all. I have waited till now to post my elk picture cause I wanted to post several pics of the hunts leading up to now but haven't got anything to show for it. There was going to be my wife's bull pics, my Geratol buck, and my pig pictures to go along with my elk but it just wasn't going to happen. Appendix taken out on opening day of my wife's hunt, then the big storm that left me with no way to get to my buck's spot along with having the flu and not being able to find any pigs till the day I couldn't stock them because of my coughing.

This isn't near the caliber of bulls that have been posted but those who know me know I can't pass up a 13yd shot. He came in at last light after 5 cows were there for half an hour. He chased them away and I arrowed him thru the netting of my partners doublebull blind. I thought the screen deflected my arrow and my shot was liver so I went back to camp, ate super, and layed down for a nap. Went back around 11pm and found my bull hadn't ran more than 200 yds. After boning out my elk with help from my brother and a friend, we were back in camp by 3:30am. Thanks to Larry and Chris for all their help that night.

My brother and I/ Nov. archery

post-1903-1264955276_thumb.jpg

Thats a good Nov. archery bull in my eyes Congrats and thanks for sharing. Sounds like you had some tough luck with your hunts this year but theres always next year. Hopefully your wife can get drawn agan and you can take her out this time. Good luck on the draw.

Very nice elk on a tough Nov. hunt! Congrats!!!

congrats and what an impressive close shot way to go!

Very nice bull on a tough hunt. I know a few hunters that went home empty handed. You are lucky to have elk meat in the freezer........

Thanks everyone. It was a tough hunt for our group this year, 1 for 5, but we mean to change that around next year. Here is some jerky the wife made out of my elk today. Yum! :)

TJ

post-1903-1265077626_thumb.jpg