pwrguy

Excellent Coues In Mexico

I have alway's wanted to try a hunt in Mexico, but have never been able to swing it either because of timing or money. About a week ago I was asked by my friend Ty Goodman if I wanted to go down and help harvest a buck that He and his friend Mark Worischeck had been after for a couple of years, and had recently caught on trail camera. Of course I said...heck yeah I wanna go! We loaded up Wednesday night, spent the night in Phoenix and headed south of the border Thursday at 6:00 AM. We arrived at the ranch house at around 3:00 PM, threw our stuff out and immediately headed out on the quads to go look for this deer. We glassed for about 2 hours and were just starting to talk about heading back when I spotted movement and said "I think I have a pretty good buck", but wasn't sure at that point, so I directed Ty to him and as soon as he saw it his eye's lit up and he said "that's him", Mark ..go get your gun. They headed out to get a shot and I stayed back to keep an eye on him. I watched him chase a doe for about 10 minutes and was caught of guard by the shot 5 minutes later as I was trying to follow the buck in my glasses in the approaching darkness. We could not determine if he dropped or not so they decided to come back in the morning in case another shot was needed. The next morning we went back, glassed for about 40 minutes and then they headed after him. They found him quickly, he died 30 yards from where he was hit. It was a great 200 yard shot getting plenty of both lungs. What a great deer as well, he was a very typical 4X4 plus eyegaurds scoring around 118. This deer will have almost no deductions as you can see by the pictures.

We now had time to fill a couple of other tags, one of which would be for me. What an awesome time. They were in full rut, there was never an hour where we were not looking at, shooting, taking pictures of, or dragging a deer. The weather was awesome, unlike the previous week, where they plenty of wind and rain. This was like a dream come true for me after not getting a tag for 5 years to harvest 2 within 30 day's. You better believe I will be going back, even if I have to rob a bank...:) JK

post-3437-1265062666_thumb.jpg

post-3437-1265063146_thumb.jpg

post-3437-1265063312_thumb.jpg

post-3437-1265063340_thumb.jpg

post-3437-1265063383_thumb.jpg

Rex,

how the he!! did I not know about this?????????????????

BTW, good job, congrats and what does he score?

Rex,

Guess you were just an Alaskan blizzard that blew through :lol:

sweeeeet!

I'm happy for ya, but i wish i was happy for me right now, i'm still in morning for my loss. :(

Rex,

Sorry, it was a last minute sort of deal Mike. He is around 105 gross, but have not put a tape to him. They were all over 100 inches.