Sign in to follow this  
WOODSAZ

One for the memory banks

Great trip and story!!

That was a great story guys and I loved all the pictures. I to remember going out with my dad when I was your boys age the only difference is I had to walk. I remember my dad saying step were I step and stay right behind me. Those were great days.

My son is almost 3 and I've taken him out a few times on scouting trips. We stay fairly close to the truck though because he doesn't like walking to far yet. I found this out the hard way. On one of the first time he went we walked the top of a ridge he walked the whole way to the glassing point (maybe a half mile) He wouldn't walk back though and I had to carry him back and he's not lite. I still love having him go with me though. I know he enjoys it as well. I let him sit in the front seat of the truck when were on the dirt road and he always talks about going deer hunting with Dad. It's a great filling.

After seeing the pictures of your kids in the backpack you got me thinking we have one of the child packs but he is way to big for it now but, I have a old Kelty internal frame pack in the atic that I haven't used in years. Needless to say it's not in the atic anymore and the boy fits in it great. I guess he'll be able to see a little more critter country the next time out. Thanks guys for the great story and the backpack idea as well.post-3829-1265771049_thumb.jpg

post-3829-1265771091_thumb.jpg

That was just too cool... Thanks so much for sharing your hunt with us. Brings back a rush of memories of hunting with my son.

--Bill

now that's what i like to see. guys with their prioritys straight and figgerd out. my youngest is 25 and i still look forward to trips to the wild. and pig season is just a special time. i have 3 boys and i always feel sorry for guys that never have kids or just have girls. not that them girls can't hunt or nothin'. take them too. there's just a neat deal between a dad and his boys and a campfire and a tag in the pocket. first time i ever saw my dad shoot a deer i was 7 and he shot a forkhorn coues with his ol' bear grizzly recurve. on the way back to the truck he shot a bobcat with the same arrow. take them kids with ya. learn em up young. and when ya git old they can pack out your stuff, like my boys did on the bull i shot in the sphincter of the world last winter. good job. Lark.

Awesome write up Jay! It was a great time having the boys along. I'm already looking forward to the next time, but not sure how much longer I'll be able to carry the little guy around. :)

Now THAT was cool ;) . Great idea with the kiddos in the backpack. They don't have to walk and they get a birdseye, over the shoulder view of the whole hunt. Too cool. Congrats.

By the way, how do you like those "Shooter's Gloves"?

I really like the Shooter Gloves. Among the best dexterity and breathability of any gloves I've tried. Only time I didn't like them was down in the 36's in early November this year I tried them. Too many grass seeds and other stickers got stuck in them. I switched back to my all leather gloves for that hunt.

Ron

Once again bud, that is so so AWESOME! Those pictures are PRICELESS!!!!!!!!

Lance

That story should be published in a magazine. I have a little one and I'm excited and inspired. Maybe some of the anti-hunting world should see more stuff like this.

Thanks again guys for letting me tag along and share in the experience. It really was awesome seeing how excited these boys are to be out there and I am looking forward to see what kind of hunters they turn in to.

I still don't have the videos uploaded of the boys getting painted up and getting ready for the stalk but will next week sometime.....that's funny stuff! :)

Edit for pics:

Getting ready:

Ready for the Stalk:

A Little Celebration:

Man that sure was a great story. I know exactly how great it feels to watch your kids enjoy the whole hunting adventure with you. I just got back from my HAM hunt and both my kids got to enjoy it with me. Man that is such a great idea putting them in your packs. You guys sure seem like great dads. Congrats on an ultra successful hunt. Here is a pic with my boy and I after I killed my pig. Both kids were there afterwords and they really enjoyed the heck out of it. They still can't stop talking about it. My little girl is 6 and she keeps saying 4 more years daddy until I can kill my own. I can't wait until that day. (The second pig is my bro-inlaw"s)

2-7-09Javelina041.jpg

Awesome pics! thanks for sharing!

Matt and Tailchaser, Great pics! It really was a blast. It definatly ranks as one of the most fun trips Ive been on. Those pigs are built for archery and are a great intro for the little ones once ya find them. Thanks again for the kind words everyone.

Jay