Sign in to follow this  
redskin

Feral Hogs

Do you need a tag to hunt these hogs. Saw some and would like to go after one. Don't remember if or where I might have seen this answer already in a post. Couldn't find info on agfd site.

You don't even need a hunting license. Just go and kill them. Need any help?

To legally take any animal, even a feral hog, you must have a valid hunting liscence.

Checked with G&F Game Manager; you DON'T need a hunting license or permit. But they do ask that you stay 1/4 mile from the nearest residence and don't shoot anyone's pet. His words not mine. ;)

To legally take any animal, even a feral hog, you must have a valid hunting liscence.

Wanna bet?

Maybe one of those laws like one ranger on the San Carlos will site you for and the other won't. Damed if you do damed if you don't.

http://www.azgfd.gov/h_f/hunting_units_13b.shtml

1. No hunting license is required to hunt these animals.

2. Harvest of sows is encouraged to limit population growth and adverse impacts to turkey populations (nest predation = no poult production) and wildlife habitat.

3. This population is feral and is not actively managed by the Game and Fish Department.

I spoke to game and fish about the laws regarding feral hogs and brought up the fact that on there website it said no liscence was required. The response I got from all was that they were told to harvest any animal in the state you must have a valid hunting liscence and that they will right citations if someone is caught shooting feral hogs without a hunting liscence. Just be on the safe side and get a hunting liscence since there are no set laws as of yet.

Having a hunting license in your possession is your permit to access on State Land. Don't leave home without it. ;)

Just check with locals and the Game and Fish to make sure what you have first! About the GOATS.... The G And F don't seem to realy care, but DONT SHOOT the GOATS! The livestock managers will ticket you! Acording to their laws, as I was told by them, Dont Shoot The Goats! They bring in Gov trapers/shooters to take care of it. Stupid realy, but thats how it is with goats I guess.

Lance

Just check with locals and the Game and Fish to make sure what you have first! About the GOATS.... The G And F don't seem to realy care, but DONT SHOOT the GOATS! The livestock managers will ticket you! Acording to their laws, as I was told by them, Dont Shoot The Goats! They bring in Gov trapers/shooters to take care of it. Stupid realy, but thats how it is with goats I guess.

Lance

Is there a place where i could find these laws? I got the ok from G&F to hunt a herd of goats I found and I told them where they were at and I've been hunting them but would hate to get a ticket for something that i was told was perfectly legal

They bring in Gov trapers/shooters to take care of it. Stupid realy, but thats how it is with goats I guess.

Lance

What I want to know is how to become a government trapper/shooter. I think I could handle that!