coueshunter

Family Strengths

Wow.. This is pretty cool I always wondered what everybody does...

I am a Senior Project Manager for a company in NEW YORK CITY, but I work out of my home in Silver City, NM... I travel about half the time managing software installs in Behavorial Health organizations... I am really very lucky that my girlfriend understand that I have to travel to pay the bills.. BUT when I am home I am home.. I sometimes to to mix business with pleasure. When I go to a site I like to experience some outdoor stuff while I am there.. My bowcase has seen 250,00 air miles.. Litterally..

take care..

J-

Well,

I live and work in N.Az, and also wear the pickle suit. I am a Supervisor for a

wildland fire crew and have been in my job for 15 years. I fall the biggest of trees,

fix dirt tank, repair trick tanks and do a ton of prescribed burning, along with guiding as a hobbie. Although I was raised as a Mule Deer hunter, and have killed alot of big ones with my bow, the coues as to most, caught me with the addiction.

Go figure.

Is anyone a licensed and bonded building contractor who does major remodeling in the White Mountains?

I want to extend the living room in my cabin in Greer, add a fireplace and ceiling to floor glass, and put a shed roof over my a-frame-like loft.

I've had a half dozen people say they'll come over from Pinetop/Lakeside/Show Low to give me an estimate, and only one actually showed.

His quote was so exorbitant he obviously didn't want the job.

Bill Quimby

This is cool, it allows us to know a little more about each other, other than just our common "Coues" obsession. I help run the family's guide service, "Mullins Outfitters", and that helps curb my appetite for hunting( somewhat ). I work for an autoglass company during the summer months and I'm always willing to fix windshields for free or replace them at my cost for my friends. I would do that for CW.com folks as well but it has to be when I'm back at work in the summer. As for the rest of the year, I'm always willing to help anyone with info about hunting or hunting areas. I take great pleasure in helping others succeed and would do anything I can to help! Jimmy Mullins

Hey Lark,

That sounds like a good gig, what are the qualifications to get y'er job?

I am currently unemployed and still have a life-long goal of becoming a 5 time cy young award winning pitcher for the Diamondbacks, or any other team. But just in case, I need a backup plan.

c-1

I'm a BMW mechanic at a Phoenix dealership.I've also worked in the mines and drove truck for too long. I grew up in Douglas and later moved to Ajo so I know those areas pretty well.Good luck hunting!

I worked for Phelps Dodge as an Instrument Technician for hydromet. I quit after 21 years and now work for the University of Arizona on top of Mt. Graham on the Large Binocular Telescope automating equipment. If I can just convince my kids to use the college benefit I get with this job I should be able to retire at 67. 28 hours on the mountain, 12 hours drive time weekly. Sure beats the daily two hour commute to Morenci and I get paid for the drive.

Hunted Coues deer my whole life. Quite a few years I even had an extra tag in the late hunt. That was back before it was cool to hunt coues. I only wish I would have had good optics back then. Our motto was " knock em down as they get up and the big ones will come with the little ones". And thats what we did. Killed some forkies, killed some toads.

Well, after 9 years, I left the factory for the last time the other day. I was the last of Management to leave on Friday, and the offices were mostly empty. It felt very weird to leave my keys, pager, and security access card on the desk, as I left. Feels very odd this weekend, knowing work isn't going to call me in some kind of panic.

Start right into the new job on Monday. It will be a similar field, but a whole new environment. From 20 years of manufacturing, into the service industry.

As a Facilities Manager, I was the maintenance supervisor, safety director, environmental guru, and security dude. I'm a Project Engineer at my new job. I'll be doing some tech work in the field, but mostly I'll be doing technical writing for 3 or 4 big clients. Written maintenance and/or electrical testing procedures, tech reports, and other odds and ends for entities like the Bank of America, City of Phoenix, and some others.

I'm looking forward to the new adventure.

Well, after 9 years, I left the factory for the last time the other day. I was the last of Management to leave on Friday, and the offices were mostly empty. It felt very weird to leave my keys, pager, and security access card on the desk, as I left. Feels very odd this weekend, knowing work isn't going to call me in some kind of panic.

Start right into the new job on Monday. It will be a similar field, but a whole new environment. From 20 years of manufacturing, into the service industry.

As a Facilities Manager, I was the maintenance supervisor, safety director, environmental guru, and security dude. I'm a Project Engineer at my new job. I'll be doing some tech work in the field, but mostly I'll be doing technical writing for 3 or 4 big clients. Written maintenance and/or electrical testing procedures, tech reports, and other odds and ends for entities like the Bank of America, City of Phoenix, and some others.

I'm looking forward to the new adventure.

9 years is a long time, But it sounds to me that your headin in the right direction :lol: Just keep yer chin up and give um all ya got ;)

Good Luck on your new job.

Muskrat,

Best of luck on the new job.

I know what you are going through. On March 30th I will, after 22yrs, be out of a job. I will hopefully be starting a new job by mid April. It's going to be strange after 22yrs of doing the same job and starting something different.

Thanks Jason..

Mike - best of luck to you..

Marshall

Muskrat

It looks like you landed on your feet as fast as you knew you had to. Best wishes on the new job!

I am sure it will be different for you but that is not neccessarily a bad thing. One thing for sure, is change is coming for all of us in one way or another. I hope to handle whatever is thrown at me as well as you have.

Deerslam

I hope your new "thing" works out for you as well as your current gig has. 22 yrs is a long time, I have a few more yrs than that where I am now so I can imagine what you might be going through. I would guess you are good at your job if you have been doing it so long. Good help is hard to find so I am sure you will land on your feet when jou make the big jump.

With all the trials and uncertainties going on, please allow me to ask...

May God Bless everyone with change and adversity going on in their lives right now. Make us stronger in the face of uncertainty and remind each of us not to worry about the things we cannot change because You do have the master plan.

Amen