Sign in to follow this  
gotcoues

Life size javelina

Hey guys and gals,

I was hoping some of you could share some pics of your javelina mounts if you have one. My taxidermist said he's ready to do mine soon and I need to make a decision on pose and whether it will be a floor or wall mount. I googled javelina images and there wasn't a lot to look at. Any and all pics appreciated.

Thanks Justin

Weller's in Tucson has some pretty cool looking mounts! Check out there web site here on CWT.

I checked out their photo gallery earlier today before posting. They had a couple of neat mounts, not many to look at though.

I don't have a picture but a few years back up here in Payson at one of the archery shops there was a life size mount with an arrow in the pig and the pig was bent back biting the arrow. I think it was one of the best poses I have seen. Just an idea.

I don't have a picture but a few years back up here in Payson at one of the archery shops there was a life size mount with an arrow in the pig and the pig was bent back biting the arrow. I think it was one of the best poses I have seen. Just an idea.

This is one that may be like the one you saw

post-519-1269742002_thumb.jpg

post-519-1269742071_thumb.jpg

That is one AWESOME javelina mount!!!! A full body mount with the hair on the back raised up, and mouth open mouth would be my suggestion.

Derek

This is one example my taxidermist Bret sent over. I like it a lot, but would like to see a few more mounts. One of the things I like really about this set up is that I think you could place him high or down at floor level on the wall.

Thanks for the ideas, I'm hoping I can get a few more pics to help with my decision. In my trophy collection, I have one mount that I regret the pose choice I made and I DON"T want that to happen again!

post-754-1269803530.jpg

Justin -

Here's some pics of my 2008 Javelina. It was mounted by Tim at T R Taxidermy in Flagstaff. He did an excellent job - I am always happy to show him off.

Hope they help,

Bob

Bobby3-28-10035.jpg

Bobby3-28-10033.jpg

Bobby3-28-10037.jpg

This isn't the best of mounts I've seen but will give you an idea of some others. The full mount was a medium size pig and I used her original teeth. The half mount I never was very cool with but another to compare with.

post-1903-1269807622_thumb.jpg

post-1903-1269807675_thumb.jpg

post-1903-1269807731_thumb.jpg

TJ

Here is mine...

post-4354-1275844370.jpg

Justin if space and versatility might be a consideration there are some great posies to be had with 1/2 mt. pedestal and wall mounts... the one leg up and a sligt turn ... but the slight turn can limit relocating at times.

I guess I should have put the finished mount in this thread. I think I started a new one to show off my mount. Bret, owner of Game Trail Taxidermy in Surprise has been doing all my mounts for years now. I think this is the best Javelina mount I have ever seen hands down, I couldn't be happier. Lot's of my friends agree and I really appreciate Bret's effort he put into this mount. Every time I walk by I want to grab my bow and put another arrow through em cause I swear he's still alive LOL

post-754-1296096787_thumb.jpg

post-754-1296096734_thumb.jpg

post-754-1296096915_thumb.jpg