BASS

Does anyone think Amanda will go for this?

There seems to be a huge trend going around about 90% of the websites that I'm a member of. The owners have visited cafepress.com , and made an acount. Then they ask their members to vote on a site logo. Ussually with the name of the of the site in little letters on the left side of the front, and a picture with the name of the site on the back. I really like the idea, and think that if there was enough people who asked really nicely Amanda may try the idea out. Now for the best part IMO. To register a "company" on cafepress, it's free, and only takes a little while, then loading the images onto the shirts is as easy as uploading a file. There is no need to order a bunch of t-shirts, hats, or sweaters, as each person would buy what they want, order it, and cafe press would make it, and ship it. They take a small portion out of each sale, and the rest of the money goes to the owner of the company, IE Amanda. It would also be a great giveaway for the guess the score contests. This may help out with the cost of keeping a great site like this up, and allow us to look cool too. Any thoughts? Does anyone know of another site like cafepress.com, but has a much larger choice of colors? Camo?

I would like some major feedback on this, thanks.

I think that's a great idea, but it would take a lot more than a shirt to make me look cool!

LOL!

I think that's a great idea, but it would take a lot more than a shirt to make me look cool!

LOL!

okay, then you need to buy a hat too. :)

Sounds cool, I could use a new huntin shirt or hat. Don't think I need that sling shot thing though!

Does anyone have any ideas for the back logo? Can anyone draw really well?

DesertBull,

Your killin me!

Good artist would be Homer Sanders of Sanders Custom Signs. He lives in Rye.

Like to BS, but his work really kicks butt. I've a few of his drawings on the wall right next to some Tim Cox's and it fits. He should be in the book. Tonto

hey desertbull, thanks to your suggestion I can now "put an end to unwanted panty-lines" THANKS :lol:

Just to get all of our thoughts flowing, I threw this one together real quick....

CWT.jpg

If we go with cafepress, we will want an all white background, and it as large as possible so the larger image looks right.

That's a good start. How about a drawing or photo of the typical or nontypical world record. Might as well go BIG! :lol:

Before we jump into cafepress.com, I would want to know what kind of things you guys want. If it's primarily tshirts and hats, we can do that without cafepress. I would much prefer to give our business to someone associated with this website. The hats were made by a friend of someone who frequents this site. And I know someone here in globe that does tshirts. So I would much rather give local, hunter friendly businesses the chance to do the work rather than a more anonymous site like cafepress.

One of the things that has kept me from making tshirts for the site is that I haven't come up with a good back design. I have been thinking of using some of Joe Cerreta's photos, but I am not sure how good they would look on a shirt. I was actually thinking of getting some prototypes made this Sept. when my time frees up more.

I submitted one of the logos below to another hat maker (who is a board member of the ADA, again trying to use local, pro-hunting businesses) earlier this summer to try and get low profile hats made, but I haven't seen the prototype yet.

For the fronts of the shirts or whatever, we can use the logos that have already been designed and that I have been using.

Here are the two logos that I have been using. Bill Quimby graciously created them quite awhile ago for me. It's what I put on the hats we had made.

coues-red-square-text-400.jpg

ovalcutout400.jpg

He also created this one below here for me, which I didn't like as much, but some of you might. It has a nice crisp look that might make it better for a truck window sticker, perhaps done in all white.

couesbestlogo.jpg

Which do you like best? I really like how he incorporated the ppear into the one, it captures a bit of the uniqueness of the coues deer. And I like other features of the other two also.

Anyway, think about what it is that you would actually want and use and let's see if we can get something made. mugs? tshirts? hats? keychains?

Here are some of the photos I thought would be good on the back or front of a tshirt.

two-bucks-from-behind.jpg

backward-look.jpg

buck-velvet-notecard-web.jpg

My-Pictures0020a.jpg

Or maybe we can get Rembrant to draw something for the back. :lol:

Amanda