well, is jane gonna sign this anti illegal immigration bill? looks to me like if she wants to get reelected she's gonna have to. if she lets it sit it looks pretty weak and if she vetos it i think she ain't gotta chance for re-election. looks like there is a pretty weak bunch for her to run against on the republican ticket and i don't see that 4 eyed limp wristed goddard as being a very rough competitor. polls say 70% of Az residents are for 1070. so if she vetos it it could be a stake through the heart for her. this is gonna be a real intersting time in AZ. if she signs it and it goes into law we're gonna see a lotta protests and yellin' for awhile but after it becomes law most o' the folks that'll be doing the most hollering will be either in mexico or a state that doesn't have 1070. new mexico and texas are gonna hafta pass their own version of 1070 in order to keep a tidal wave of illegals outta their states. yep, interesting times for sure. as for me, i'm all for it. i don't see any need for it because it's completely redundant. we already have laws to cover everything this bill covers, they are just not enforced. this bill will make em be enforced. any other opinions? this is a big deal for our state. real big. even if somebody can get the courts to overturn it, it will be a long time before they can get it there. they tried the same thing with the employee sanction bill and lost big time. states rights are completely different than federal law and it's real hard for a court to overturn something legally passed in a state. anyway, lets her some comments. this is a big deal. Lark.

Alot of the bills that get passed, and especially this type of bill are basically a paper type of lip service to the voting public.

Why spend the time on these type of bills if nothing is enforced.

They simply want to strengthen their political career. Typical political dog and pony show!

The h#ll with the protesters. They just want all their long lost relatives from mexico to be able to come over here and milk the good ole USA. Make the money here, and send it back to Mexico.

The protest rally's would be a good start for BP to be able to round up a whole bunch of illegal's in one fell swoop. Kick em out, keep em out!

Don't even get me started! :lol:

Raul Grijalva, supposedly one of AZ's own representatives, says America should boycott Arizona if this bill is passed.

Raul Grijalva, supposedly one of AZ's own representatives, says America should boycott Arizona if this bill is passed.

But look at the last name. He wouldn't be biased, would he?

Grijalva is one of the biggest racists and biggots in this state.. I wouldn't walk across the street to piss on him if he were on fire. Anything he can use as a racial bias, you can bet your last dollar he will (and does).

America (and AZ) should ban that waste of space and send him back to Mexico. He loves it SO much after all.. It'd be a win/win for all of us.

Alot of the bills that get passed, and especially this type of bill are basically a paper type of lip service to the voting public.

Why spend the time on these type of bills if nothing is enforced.

They simply want to strengthen their political career. Typical political dog and pony show!

The h#ll with the protesters. They just want all their long lost relatives from mexico to be able to come over here and milk the good ole USA. Make the money here, and send it back to Mexico.

The protest rally's would be a good start for BP to be able to round up a whole bunch of illegal's in one fell swoop. Kick em out, keep em out!

Don't even get me started! :lol:

+1 well said.

Grijalva is one of the biggest racists and biggots in this state.. I wouldn't walk across the street to piss on him if he were on fire. Anything he can use as a racial bias, you can bet your last dollar he will (and does).

America (and AZ) should ban that waste of space and send him back to Mexico. He loves it SO much after all.. It'd be a win/win for all of us.

+1

I been waiting for this to hit the fan and I hope it hits real hard.

Protestors everywhere talking about how it is racist and profiling and everything else under the book.

If a drunk is driving down the street, going all over the place and a cop pulls him over for it. He profiled the guy before he pulled him over. The drunk broke the LAW.

What a pitiful bunch of jackasses criticizing US of Arizona for trying to uphold the law.

I am wondering, I heard there were 83.000 names delivered to the capital yesterday petitioning Brewer to not sign the bill.

Is there something out there floating around that we can sign in support of the bill???

Plain and simple, you have documentation to be here legally you don't have anything to worry about....

You guys all said it right............and that what's his name from down south is NOT a representative of AZ, he is a representative of the movement from the south to the north.....

If you hold your ethnicity in higher regard than you hold your citizenship, and other people do the same, then what we will have is a bunch of tribalism and warring among us - just like the rest of the world, and all the world history before us.

But if we hold our citizenship in this great country higher than our ethnicity, then we can continue to be the great country that we have been for over 200 years - in and by our unity; under God.

We can do this as we have done - with no threat to any of our many cultures. Our diversity is a big part of what makes us strong. There is nothing wrong with maintaining our various cultures; check us out!

Look at all the various people types, foods, ideas and even the languages. The Navajo language was (wrongly) supressed by early white educators on the reservation; I have heard the stories first hand. Yet now we celebrate this language in that it helped us defeat the Japanese in WWII!

Does God regard any race obove another? Did Jesus die for any certain people group and not all of mankind? Of course not! If I regard my race above yours, and you regard yours above mine, are we then immitators of Christ, or pawns of Satan?

Holding race, culture, or language as being more important than what it takes to be a citizen of the United States is indeed racism. Racism is sin.

1 Peter 5:8

Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.

Mike

Rembrant,

Our view and opinions on illegal immigration are not based on racism.

My wife(ex) and half of my extended family are hispanic, as well as some of my good friends.

It is not about the race, color, or creed.

It is about the ILLEGAL crossing of our borders and the situations that arise because of it.

How does God feel about the beautiful land along the border that is being destroyed by illegals who do not care, about anything but themselves.

How does God feel about the fact that a good percentage of illegals have criminal records, by committing crimes against their fellow man.

How does God feel about illegals that lie, cheat and steal in some form or another, to and from legal U.S citizens.

How does God feel about Mexican drug smugglers, whom are also here illegally, who sometimes kill good and innocent people

It is not about putting one race above another, we are a mixed society, and racism, profiling, and religion, should not be a factored into the reasoning against illegal immigration.

If someone wants to be in this country, fine. But they need to go through the process to make themselves legal U.S citizens, pay their taxes to a legitimate SSN, and become a contributing member of the American public.

I understand and can sypmpathize with the plight of immigrants. Everyone deserves a better life for themselves, but not at the expense of the legal taxpayers.

This country is already full of greedy, bloodsucking, corporations and Federal/state tax rates that are already bleeding us legal americans dry, we do not need to add more expense on top of an an already fragile economy.

God has no problems................we do! He wants to see how "we" dance in the "rain". In another words, depending in our reaction to the problems he will bless us or....will look the other way. Dont we have cheated on him like 987,658,691,367,000,000 times already?

God has laws also the truth is....if some one is here illegally does not belong here period. But why the ones that are here legally have to pay the price? Why should we treat some body differente just because the way looks?

Ernesto C

P.S. our enemy is not human.

Ernesto,

You are right. Our enemy is not human. But God does have a problem with what we do, and we will all realize that on judgement day.

A mans actions, and not his looks, defines who he is.

I have a new neighbor who is setting up a place for himself and his family. He barely speaks english, but he is here legally. He was having a rough time setting up some utilities on the rental lot, so I went over and helped him, and showed him what to do.

He asked me in broken english if i liked beer, and then told his wife in spanish to grab a couple beers out of the fridge. Even though there is a communication gap, I don't look at him any differently than I would otherwise, and I will help him again if he needs it.

We are already paying the price. If it means i have five minutes of my day to prove to a police officer that i am one of the few that have done it right, i am willing to pay it.

There is nothing racist about supporting our laws and expecting others to do so as well. There is nothing racist about not wanting to be compelled by government to pay for the healthcarre, education and incarceration of people who have not right to be in this country and who generally pay no income tax. There is nothing racist about wanting every person in this country to be accountable for his or her actions and not wanting people (illegal aliens) to have the option of simply buying a new set of fake documents to change his or her name for the purpose of avoiding the consequences of bad choices. It is not racist to be disgusted when you walk out to your truck while visiting Tucson only to find two illegal aliens in the act of ripping off your truck and then trying to run you over when you stop them. That's what happened to me.

Those of you who use the race card as the argument against enforcement of the laws controlling immigration are enemies of democracy. Think about it. You are demanding that we ignore laws lawfully passed by elected representatives to preserve the safety and welfare of this country. Immigration laws exist for a purpose and your insistence that we ignore the law is wrong.

Why is there always someone that likes to throw in the race thing whenever they oppose something they don't like , and even better put religion into it , does god segregate his kids black, white, yellow, red ,no i dought it people are people no matter the color or gender . not to say anyone is racist but most who cry racist are the ones that are segregating everyone , the bill is for illegal immigrants , mexican , canadians , germans anybody who is in the United States illegally all apply !