Sign in to follow this  
antlers

Cody's 2009 deer hunt

My name is Cody i am 13 and this is my story. It all started in southern AZ. with Verndog. Opening morning i shot at a nice 3X2 whitetail and i hit it but we could not find it after searching for about 3 hours and i was bummed that wwe could not find it :( . After that we did not see another deer until the next day. We saw it at about 900 yards all we could tell was that it was a really nice buck at least 90 inchs Verndog said but i was in awe that Vern could tell about how big it was from that far away! We got into the ranger and got about 200 yards away from the mountain where we saw the deer. We slowly sneeked over to a small canyon where we thought the deer would be we sat there for about 20 minutes waiting for the deer to pop out. Then Vern said i'm going to walk over to this little curve in the mountain and see if the deer is there. so he walked over and he immediatly stopped. He stood there bent over for about 4 or 5 minutes with real heavy pack on his back and he did not move. After about 6 minutes the deer walked around the corner.

BOOM!!!!!

The deer dropped! My heart was pumping i was so excited! The shot was only about 20 yards and it was right into the heart of the deer. We walked over and i thanked Vern and also my Dad. My deer was a beautiful basket buck that was my first deer ever. it was a 4X3 Coues Whitetail. This deer hunt will stay in my mind forever and it's al thanks to my Dad and Vern

Thanks!

post-3874-1273031094.jpg

post-3874-1273031322.jpg

post-3874-1273031361.jpg

Great buck dude! Love the mass! Isnt it nice when luck is FINALY on our side instead of the deers?!

Ya it is really nice to have luck on your side :lol:

A big congratulations on your first buck and a dandy one at that. Cody, please do me and yourself a favor and start yourself a journal while you still have it fresh in your mind. I know now you think it will stay in your mind forever but believe me if you live long enough it will fade due to something we can't help. Old age!

Keep us all posted on your next hunt and thanks for sharing. :)

TJ

Hey Cody.....you know all I can think about after reading your story, was the smile on your face when you put your hands on that gorgeous buck. I had a great time and thanks for allowing me to be a part of your first deer kill. He'll be tough to top. You're a great young man! ----Verndog

Hey Cody.....you know all I can think about after reading your story, was the smile on your face when you put your hands on that gorgeous buck. I had a great time and thanks for allowing me to be a part of your first deer kill. He'll be tough to top. You're a great young man! ----Verndog

Thank you For taking us to an awesome spot. And thanks again for all the stuff you did during that AWESOME hunt with an awesome outcome!!!!! ;) :D

Cody, congratulations!! I love the 2nd picture, beautifull buck and beatifull background. You must blow out that pic or why not? make it wall size! Thanks for sharing your story and success wiht us.

Ernesto C

Great job kid.

Thanks!!!