Most of the mexicans that are crossing the border illegally are looking for a better way of life whether it be here or by sending money back to family in Mexico. Unless you seriously plan on going after the source like companies that hire illegals knowingly or not and try to fix the border problem SB 1070 really does'nt do squat(IMO). So, you send them back and as soon as they hit dirt they're already planning there way back. So, now you have caught them a second time but this time you send them to jail. Well in 08 it cost close to $62 dollars a day JUST to house an inmate. Now add that up X's how many that go to jail X's that per day. I agree something definitly needs and has been needed to be done but this is'nt the answer. Its just an election year!

I agree that sending them back is just a temporary fix to the problem because most of them will be back. What we need is the Federal Government to step up and help us secure our border!

Arthur, have you read the entire bill? The largest portion specifically addresses hiring illegals. The part that most people are up in arms about if the very first provision which makes it a state crime to be here illegally.

Pages 7-15

http://www.azleg.gov/legtext/49leg/2r/bills/sb1070s.pdf

Even if it gets stuck down, this bill has done a good job at bringing the much needed national attention to our situation, and maybe things will start to be corrected. I hope it stands and the other states that are looking at following our lead make their own laws. Remember we are the UNITED STATES, State rights were very important to our forefathers.

Even if it gets stuck down, this bill has done a good job at bringing the much needed national attention to our situation, and maybe things will start to be corrected. I hope it stands and the other states that are looking at following our lead make their own laws. Remember we are the UNITED STATES, State rights were very important to our forefathers.

Exactly right!

Maybe that is what Brewer had in mind. Get some media attention, and light some fires under the butts of the seat shiners in Washington D.C.

Josh, I have read the entire bill and some. I also understand that its illegal to hire illegal immigrants but again unless your "seriously" going to go after the companies and fix the border problem you could sign as many bills as you would like its not going to stop them from coming and continuing to come back. Its definitly not a cure all or a even a good remedy at that. Its going to cost the state/tax payers a lot of money that it doesnt have for something that is not going to change anything, the way things stand right now. You can count on someone suing for racial profiling, right or wrong its going to happen ,costing more money. You can put them in jail, costing more money, and when they get out they will come right back.

Josh, I have read the entire bill and some. I also understand that its illegal to hire illegal immigrants but again unless your "seriously" going to go after the companies and fix the border problem you could sign as many bills as you would like its not going to stop them from coming and continuing to come back. Its definitly not a cure all or a even a good remedy at that. Its going to cost the state/tax payers a lot of money that it doesnt have for something that is not going to change anything, the way things stand right now. You can count on someone suing for racial profiling, right or wrong its going to happen ,costing more money. You can put them in jail, costing more money, and when they get out they will come right back.

I 100% agree with everything you said. Its already a crime to be here illeagaly, its already a crime to hire illegals. Its going to cost a lot of money to give these guys rides back and forth to Mexico. Its going to take law enforcement away from the real crimes going on in our state. How many officers will be fired for racial profiling and how many agencies will be sued over the same thing?

The only thing I like about is that hopefully the federal government will get involved to really secure our border.

Enforcement seems to be the problem in a lot of laws. Unfortunately legislators seem to prefer to make more laws rather than enforce existing ones. That is why I feel this bill is good. It finally allows for enforcement.

I'm sure plenty of people will be screaming "Racial Profiling" Heck they already are. They even brought in the king of the race card Reverend Al. And right by his side was the city council fool who made a big stink about race to detract from him doing something wrong. It's the perfect distraction from ones crime. Get caught doing something wrong and scream about race to shift the focus. Doesn't change that a law was violated in the first place.

I 100% agree with everything you said. Its already a crime to be here illeagaly, its already a crime to hire illegals. Its going to cost a lot of money to give these guys rides back and forth to Mexico. Its going to take law enforcement away from the real crimes going on in our state. How many officers will be fired for racial profiling and how many agencies will be sued over the same thing?

The only thing I like about is that hopefully the federal government will get involved to really secure our border.

it was a federal crime to be here illegally. Now, because the the FEDS refuse to even admit their is a problem, the state has also made it a crime. Quit listing to MSNBC and read the bill for yourself.

im pretty sure arpio will enforce tihs bill to its fullest so im not woried about it actually being used. i think its kind of funny people talking bad about it give us your plan to fix it. i think this is the best we got right now till some one does better. and hopefully more is done now. its like wat winston church hill said "dimocracy is the worst goverment..... but the best so far"

it applies here too. . and honestly you need to check the people who throw fits about racil profieling. Tell them hey we can stop and the next time the "handler rapist"gets pulled over amd let off with a warning on hiw fake id well give them your address. its a true story he really did after his second rape i know some people who worked with him who were talking about it.

Guest Bandido

"It's going to take law enforcement away from the real crimes going on in this state." Illegal immigration and the environment that it produces is a real crime. Phx is a high kidnapping city because of this real crime. The violence, drug traffic, shootings/MURDER, robbery/theft, and the wanted badguys here without permission - all are real. And they are one of the real reasons we have law enforcement. It's not so much about the people who come here to make a better living as it is the environment and buisness it creates because it is a crime.

I think is all politics, here and in Washington. if the Governor really wants to do something about it she should declare a state of emergency and send the national guard to the border she doesn't need Washington's ok for that.

And then start cracking on illegal hires and everything also.

we need to secure our borders we worry about mexicans coming across how about if some terrorist come across?

You're right, lets roll over and wait for someone else to come up with a better plan. Especially since it will cost us more money. Maybe if the feds actually reimbursed the state of AZ to begin with due to illegal immigration (which is their end of the deal), we'd get money that could off-set some of the costs. Maybe if we stopped all of the benefits going towards those who are in this country illegally, THAT would off-set some of the costs. To tell me that we DON'T have the money to incarcerate them but we have the money to give them free health-care, housing and food is RIDICULOUS!!!! Pennies on the dollar, my friend. And don't think for one second that even if employers try to go about it the right way, illegals haven't figured out a way around that. It's called Identity Theft. On a side-note, good thing that theres nothing stating in the U.S. Constitution that the government will protect each state within the union from an invasion. Otherwise we might have a legit law-suit towards them......wait, it IS there, and they've labeled those invading AZ "non-hostile". Haha! Go ask the Krentz' family how "non-hostile" they are.