Sign in to follow this  
Santana Outdoors

Wilderness Trail Cameras

I headed out Friday morning (by myself) and packed into the Wilderness area to check on my game cameras that have been out there for a year. I also wanted to put up a Moultrie I45 with a modem and a solar panel. The last time I was in there I had cell service and was hoping it would pick up this modem and send me photos everyday. I left at 5am in the morning and finally got to my camp site at noon.

It was way to hot for me to head up the mountain to check on the cameras. So I waited until the next day. Luckily my camp is near water so I could cool down.

Saturday morning I got up early and headed up to the top of the hill ( a 2 hour hike) , set up the camera and then called my wife to check the website to see if she got any photos, None she said. So after messing with it for an hour I finally figured out it just wasn't going to work with AT&T. I have Verizon cell. Yeah, I was pretty bummed.

So I left there and went and checked my other cameras, they have been there for a year. No monster Coues but captured some of the photos below. Then I went back to camp relaxed the rest of the day, then headed home the next day.

As I started going through the photos, I forgot to delete this first photo from my SD card so when I opened it I almost stroked before remembering I borrowed it from the internet. So for those who don't read this story first LOL!

post-4156-1274147275.jpg

Should have read the story first!

post-4156-1274147608_thumb.jpg

post-4156-1274147635_thumb.jpg

post-4156-1274147656_thumb.jpg

post-4156-1274147775_thumb.jpg

post-4156-1274147797_thumb.jpg

post-4156-1274147816_thumb.jpg

post-4156-1274148091_thumb.jpg

post-4156-1274148122_thumb.jpg

post-4156-1274148142_thumb.jpg

post-4156-1274148162_thumb.jpg

post-4156-1274148179_thumb.jpg

post-4156-1274148257_thumb.jpg

post-4156-1274148295_thumb.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Hey just so you know, it talks a couple hours sometimes once it is setup to send photos. I put one up last week and it didn't send for 3 hours, then it was right on the money. Did your light blink on the cellular modem when you turned it on?

I'm happy I read the post first! Good looking bucks and a nice mixed bag of game!

From what I have learned at various fires around the county is Verizon works better than any other company in most of the western states. Not asking for your honey hole, but what wilderness area are you visiting. I have hit the ones down here by Phx but haven't spent much time in the others, my work keeps me close to home during the summer when most people get to go exploring.

Great pics and bummer about not having the cell service there! At least you got some good exercise!

P.S. I would have died if I opened my pics and saw that giant buck!! :)

Thanks for posting your pix, it is always interesting to see what is moving out in the woods!

Thanks. The Wilderness is in AZ but I'd prefer to keep the exact locaion out for now. The lions are taking out a lot of Coues in this area and wish I could get rid of some but only seen one live out there when we were glassing and he was a mile away.

I am really impressed with the Moultrie camera and the test pictures it did take. So I am hoping to get it out there this winter when they pick up Verizon but until then I am looking for a spot close by.