Sign in to follow this  
wetmule

Tanzania pics

Thought I would finally share a few pics from my most recent trip (fall of 09') to Tanzania. Looking at Gino's adventures and the numerous Scotty adventures to the dark continent inspired me to share a few.

Thanks for all that saw and commented on the pics, I removed them for resizing after I realized they were about 10X bigger than the reccomended 100kb file size and taking up alot of space on Amandas server. I will try to re-post, once I figure out resizing in Aperture. Thanks

thanks.........very cool!

:ph34r:

Wow! those are very impressive pix wetmule, thanx for sharing.

Amazing photos.. Which park(s) did you visit while there? That leopard pic is a one in a million! And man, those buff bulls are just HUGE!

When I go climb Kilimanjaro, I am planning on a 7-8 day park visit tour while there after the climb is over. A few days in Ngorongoro and maybe the Serengetti, then cross the border into Kenya and visit Tsavo and Amboselli before leaving.

All of those parks in Tanzania and Kenya are just fantastic.

Thanks for sharing the pics..Any others?

Thanks for the kinds words guys, I appreciate it. Scotty we were there for two weeks, spent most of our time in the Central Serengeti with about four days up north in the Lolo area and a couple days in the Crater. Went to the Crater specifically to see if we couldn't get lucky and get some pics of one of the giant ele bulls, before they are all gone. The last morning we finally found a pretty big one (not the biggest) and got a few shots. There is also some jumbo buff in there, it's a really an amazing place and one not to be missed if you go. I absolutely love the Central Serengeti, the critters are there year round no matter when the migration is happening. It's loaded with leopard and we spent all our time looking for those crazy cats. All the shots we got of other wildlife was while trying to find the fairly elusive leopard. We spent alot of time with binocs looking deep into the tops of trees, looking for an ear flick or the swish of a tail, turned out to be a pretty good tactic as we saw more leopard than most, I'm pretty sure.

Thanks to those that saw the pics and commented, I just realized they were all way oversized and taking up alot of space about 10X bigger than the reccomended 100kb

I will try to figure out how to re-size them in Aperture and then re-post. thanks

Awesome pictures for sure. Thanks for sharing with us unfortunate ones who will never get there. :)

TJ

AMAZING pics!! Thanks for sharing!! Did you hunt while there as well??How bout that Ele and those Dugga Boys!! :blink:

The one thing that I did not enjoy about Zim was that is it was so thick that photo opps were very minimal.... I'd certainly put Botswana and Tanzania at the top of my list for a return trip!