Sign in to follow this  
couespatrol

2009 Father Daughter Elk Hunt

It all started when my daughter and I found out we both drew elk tags for the same hunt even though I put us on seperate applications. This was the last of our 2009 hunts and the preious hunts ended with great results. This would be my dauhgters second elk hunt at 17 years of age (she scored on a huge 6x6 when she was thirteen). Due to school her hunting days were limited. So the first decent 5x5 we located was toast. I decided to hold out for a monster or something unique(I also have a huge 6x6 on the wall). It was either of the two or go home empty handed. I was able to connect on a very large 5x5 that I considered to be unique due to it's size. We were accompanied by my Father, brothers, nephews and very good friends. Oh yeah and my daughters boyfriendwho also had a tag for the area and connected on a 6x7. I almost forgot about him :lol: It was an awesome hunt filled with alot of emotions, long range shots (373yrds and 465yrds one shot each). My son asked us to use his .270 which we did. That .270 made a believer out of me, I'm used to using my 7mm and my daughter uses a 30-06. That Barnes triple schock ammo is awesome! We also had a comical moment when my 8 year old boy treed himself after having a bear walk up on him and my thirteen year old boy while they were glassing. We had some unbelievable luck in 2009 and if we never have that type of luck again I won't be dissapointed!

post-4369-1277858241_thumb.jpg

post-4369-1277858339_thumb.jpg

post-4369-1277858910_thumb.jpg

post-4369-1277858980_thumb.jpg

post-4369-1277859048_thumb.jpg

good job all around. take all them kids huntin'. if anything else they can help pack! nice bulls too. and good choice on the .270. can't go wrong. Lark.

I still remember that hunt to this day. It's funny you were busy reading the paper when the bull was spotted. LOL... Great shot it was awesome to watch and say "he's down". Then to see the smile on your son's face and your's. Thanks for another great hunt.

Great story and thanks for sharing. A fortunate year for sure!

thank's for sharing the pics....love to see the kids gett'n it done...congrat's to all involved...

Wow! Great post!!!! Nothing like family & friends along with hunting/camping/outdoors!!!!!!!! Thanks for sharing!

S.

:)

Thanks for sharing..........Looks like you guys had a ton of fun. I hope one day one of my three daughter will want to hunting with me. Congratulations !

Looks like y'all have a pretty nice mule deer in the bunch also.

I shot that mule deer a week to the day earlier from when I shot my bull. The story and pics are under the mule deer section "Kiabab 2009"

couespatrol,

Great family times. Great photos. Well except for the big group shot which is ruined because you let that guy sneak in to the photo on the far right. I understand he is family and all but some guys should just never be allowed in hunting photos. :lol:

Just pulling your leg. Tell Robert, Lee says, "What's up?"

Lee