Sign in to follow this  
azhchunter

2009 sheep hunt 15 c north

I was also a lucky ricipiant of a desert bighorn tag. It took only 30 years. wellworth the wait. Chris at mountain view taxidermy did a great job. He scored 166 2/8

post-4445-1278205780_thumb.jpg

Great Ram....Congrats! Im hoping my Dad gets his tag here soon. Beautiful mount as well!

SSSSSSWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!

No guide used on this hunt, It was a family affair. The Desert Big Horn Sheep Society seminar gave us ample information and Gunner Ericson (Az Game and Fish) was very helpful as well. A lot of foot milage and glassing pre season allowed for a very rewarding outcome. While my son (11 yrs.), Brother Kyle and I hiked everywhere, my wife and daughter (14 yrs.) glassed from perspective mountain tops. 11 days of hiking and glassing we saw many sheep, and 6 decent shoot-able class 3 & 4 rams. I was lucky enough to take my first choice.

post-4445-1278257526_thumb.jpg

post-4445-1278257740_thumb.jpg

Cool. Nothing wrong at all with a guided hunt, but when it's just you and your family, it's extra special

Very special to have your family take part and share your once in a lifetime hunt with you.

Nice ram and good looking mount.

What were the base measurements ?

Sorry I wasent there after drying. My sheep was at the txidemist. He scored my sheep so I dint get all the measurements. He is S.C.I. certified. I think 16'' at base. Not to hung up on score as some people are,but its my trophy and proud of it.

Congratulations ! If ya need in'put let me know ? He has friends. Dont know how the picture will show but we called the ram in this shot #6. He has a tag in his left ear. He's a nice ram. Good Luck.

post-4445-1279314628_thumb.jpg

post-4445-1279315159_thumb.jpg