markgann

what is best scope for 7 mag

I bought a Nikon Monarch 4x16 mil dot and I love it. It is really clear and I'm getting the hang of the mil system. I like the 40 mm objective.

Check out the Vortex Viper line of scopes ... Awesome scopes for under 500 and great warranty and service Talk to Doug from camera land first rate service. here is a link to the 4-12x40 ( bro put one on his 7mm last fall) the reviews I have seen on the 6.5-20 x 44 have also been very good.

I am thinking of soon replacing mine with the Viper PST line

http://www.cameralandny.com/optics/vortex....texviper4-12x40

vx iii 6.5 to 20x50! spend the money youll only cry once when u buy it but the first by first blood, you will be glad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8for10 with that scope!! deer420,deer530,deer701yrds,fox 240< bobcat 100. I loove it!!!! get what you pay for! misses fox250,bobcat235yrds free handed rush

Check out the Vortex Viper line of scopes ... Awesome scopes for under 500 and great warranty and service Talk to Doug from camera land first rate service. here is a link to the 4-12x40 ( bro put one on his 7mm last fall) the reviews I have seen on the 6.5-20 x 44 have also been very good.

I am thinking of soon replacing mine with the Viper PST line

http://www.cameralandny.com/optics/vortex....texviper4-12x40

I was all ready to buy that exact scope until I saw the eye relief. 3.1"

Fine for low recoil rifle, but not for my 7mag.

I guess they were going after the varmint hunters with that one.

i just picked up a leupold mark 4 LRT 4.5-14x40 with target knobs. im going to sight it in this morning. brunos price 679.00. my plan is to get a kenton ind turret but the target turrets are well marked in moa, easy to adjust and highly repeatable but we ll see if a few hours

im a huge vortex fan and the viper rifle scope is crystal clear but 3.1 eye relief does not sound like my kind of fun.

If you load your rifle/bipod right you will have no problem with the vortex. I have shot one on a 300WM. I would go with the leupold if it were me as well.

I bought a Nikon Monarch 4x16 mil dot and I love it. It is really clear and I'm getting the hang of the mil system. I like the 40 mm objective.

+1

I just got a VX 3 (3.5-10x40) for my daughter's .250 savage.

13 ounces

Almost 5 inches of eye relief!!!! (at 3.5x)

I got it online for $450 and have seen it at

Sportsmans warehouse for $479 (Mesa).

I'll let you know how it goes when the gun is done,

hopefully soon.

I also have a 4.5-14x50 Zeiss Conquest on my weatherby.

Love it, I did pay $600 though. It only has one kill so far.

Bottom line get as much scope (quality) as you can afford!!!

Jeff

I would definitely go with 3-9x50mm. The 50 is much better for lower light conditions, and you will be surprised at how much better you can see animals in those conditions vs using a 40mm. I suggest a leupold. Their warranty is awesome....they will replace your scope if anything ever happens to it.

Also I have a Burris on my .300 win mag. Last hunting season in Colorado, it proved it's durability ten fold! Had my horse tied up to a tree and my rifle in the scabbard (unloaded of course) the rifle had fallen out and was in between all 4 legs of the horse. I slowly approached the horse and pulled the rifle away, but my sling caught his leg and he flipped out! The horse went bucking around the tree like crazy, slamming my rifle to sh*t, and actually bent the swivel connections for my sling. To my disbelief, the scope was fine other than a few scratches. Rifle was ok too. Took it to the range and it was still perfect. Burris makes one tough scope so I would highly recommend then too.

coues deer look really small at 300 yards in a 9x I would bump up the power a little bit, I like a 14 power because it is the same basic sight picture as my 15's in relative size of your target and its surroundings. just my 2 cents