Sign in to follow this  
oz31p

SKULL ID

i found this skull south of vernon. im not sure what it is. any one have any ideas on what it may be.

post-4310-1279682689_thumb.jpg

post-4310-1279682973_thumb.jpg

post-4310-1279683169_thumb.jpg

i was thinking dog or coyote but it seems too big to be a coyote and like Amanda said about the snout. i google coyote skull pics and i dont know what they are but like all skull they have holes in different places for different reason and the googled coyotes skull holes look totally different than

this skull.

if it was a domestic dog i feel bad for the little guy as i was miles from nowhere. with the skull was most of the spine and most of the ribs.

i was thinking dog or coyote but it seems too big to be a coyote and like Amanda said about the snout. i google coyote skull pics and i dont know what they are but like all skull they have holes in different places for different reason and the googled coyotes skull holes look totally different than

this skull.

if it was a domestic dog i feel bad for the little guy as i was miles from nowhere. with the skull was most of the spine and most of the ribs.

It could have been a feral dog with it so far from anywhere.

My guess would b a domesticated dog. Its definitely not a coyote. Coyote skulls are smaller and more elongated/pointed looking. They don't have such a drastic slope from the forehead to snout as this skull does.

-Tracy