Sign in to follow this  
Hyperwrx

Amanda - Congrats on AZG&F Grant Award

Amanda,

I see you were 1 of only 18 organizations across the state to received a grant award for your Women's Javelina HAM Hunt Unit 36A/B/C. I am sure lots of time and effort went into the project. The Arizona Predator Callers Club (Mesa Varmint Callers) also received their proposal for our novice hunt program. AZG&F really steps up and promotes local sportsman organizations by offering this.

Good Job!

Thank you!! I am excited about the camp. For the past 10 years or so I have been teaching hunting classes at the Becoming an Outdoorswoman workshops in AZ a few times a year. Many of the women from that class have wanted to actually get out and experience a hunt and so I have been taking many of them out squirrel hunting or turkey hunting. And now I will be doing a more formal camp for javelina hunting.

We are pairing up novice women hunters with experienced hunters so that they can go on a hunt and learn while having a great time. The grant pays for the food for everyone so that all the hunters and mentors have to do is concentrate on hunting. No need for them to get up extra early to cook or stay up late cleaning up. That is going to all be taken care of by two volunteer organizations...Youth Outdoors Unlimited and Outdoor Experience 4 All.

If you guys know of any experienced women hunters who might want to be a mentor or if you know of a lady who is a novice and would like to attend....have them email me: amanda@coueswhitetail.com

We may need some male mentors as well....so if you are interested, email me.

Way to go Amanda!

You do a lot to promote the outdoors.

There is a lot of "behind the scenes" stuff that you do that deserves an award in itself.

Amanda,

If any of these Becoming an Outdoor Woman activities included predator hunting Arizona Predator Hunters would enjoy lending a hand by sending a few veteran hunters to give presentations and/or team up with participants on hunts. Contact me if interested.

I found it interesting to note that almost all the organizations that received a grant did so by submitting a proposal that furthered beginner, youth, or novice hunters. Investing in Arizona's new crop of hunters insures a future to the activity of hunting in our state.

Once again- fantastic job.

-Scott

We actually already do have predator callers come up and give presentations and teach predator hunting classes at BOW. But I will pass your contact info on to the director of BOW in case she needs more instructors.

what unit are ya gonna hunt pigs in? we'll put in for that unit and me and bigjohn and our kids will camp by ya and show them wimmin how to not do it. spam, beans, questionable content stew, greasy gravy. 'course bigjohn has that sourdough down pat. we still use the old pump up coleman stoves and lanterns. not because they work good, but because we like the excitement of nonspecific intermittent explosions with a big ol' ball o' fire. we even get a few pigs and we get to work on our first aid skills every year. and i get a new tent and bedroll every year. Lark.

what unit are ya gonna hunt pigs in? we'll put in for that unit and me and bigjohn and our kids will camp by ya and show them wimmin how to not do it. spam, beans, questionable content stew, greasy gravy. 'course bigjohn has that sourdough down pat. we still use the old pump up coleman stoves and lanterns. not because they work good, but because we like the excitement of nonspecific intermittent explosions with a big ol' ball o' fire. we even get a few pigs and we get to work on our first aid skills every year. and i get a new tent and bedroll every year. Lark.

but because we like the excitement of nonspecific intermittent explosions with a big ol' ball o' fire.

:lol: :lol:

I can just picture it!

they pay ya to go pig huntin'? wonder how much they'd pay us to stay home?

once there was a guy went sky divin' for the first time. he jumped out and his chute wouldnt open. yanked and yanked and yanked on the ripcord. tried the reserve, nothin'. he got all flummoxed and didn't know what to do. as he was speedin' to sure death he looked down and there was a guy comin' up just as fast. he didn't know what else to do so he hollerd at the guy as they were passin', "HEY, YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT PARACHUTES?!?!" the guy answered, "NO, YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT COLEMAN STOVES?"