Sign in to follow this  
couesobsession

Elk Bugle

I. Went fishing on the rim camped off of young road. Heard a couple bugles in the morning sixish. Little early but the rut could be starting up there. Wish I had a tag! Anybody else heard some? A budy of mine affirmed that he had heard the bugle too. Later on in the trip I bugles with my mouth and got a vague response.

Yes I heard two different elk bugeling right by Nelson Reservoir on Friday morning. One of them bugeled twice and on the second one another bull answered him down off the mountain. It was a great sound to hear up in the mountains.

Heard some of that sweet music in Unit 8 this weekend also!

heard some in young last weekend.

i heard and watched young bulls bugle in early august while scouting for deer last summer.

i don't know if the young ones are just learning to use there screams or what....

james

I heard some real small bulls bugling in July.

Also some good mature boys bugling This last weekend and actually witnessed a few of them locking horns. It is going ot be a great rut this year. I fear broken tines will be quite the norm.

Bulls will bugle some pretty much year round. I've heard them from July to January. They'll start getting more and more frequent from now till rut, but there's no real rut yet. They're just playing around ;)

I got woken up last night with bugles, so they are playing around a bit. Saw a decent bulls starting to check, gather cows a little bit this morning. Should be a fun year.

shedding that velv. and be starting to rank themselves here pretty quick. can't wait

While out chasin' Lopers this past week I found several good 340-360 class bulls already trying hard to round up or keep their girlfriends! The type of action I saw was definitely taking place a little earlier than normal, all you archery guys should be seriously excited!!! JIM>

While out chasin' Lopers this past week I found several good 340-360 class bulls already trying hard to round up or keep their girlfriends! The type of action I saw was definitely taking place a little earlier than normal, all you archery guys should be seriously excited!!! JIM>

Thanks for the info. Yesterday evening there were a couple bulls talking back and forth and one had cows. I have also been seeing big groups of cows with only small bulls. Things are starting to get exciting to be in the elk woods. Good luck to all. I look forward to hearing stories and seeing pics....

I have been hearing bugles at night but most cows are by themselves and some bulls are still hanging out together. It is close and yes a bit early, but its been a different year.