Sign in to follow this  
Tines

He's home!

A few weeks ago I happened to stop into Wellers Taxidermy to just say hello. To my surprise, they were almost finished! Given the amount of animals they take in and considering the quality they put out, I was definitely expecting a few more months. Now I sit looking at one of the most realistic mounts I've ever seen! Thanks to Bud and Gavin for some phenomenal art-work and a 9 month turn-a-round to boot!

On a side note, we chose to do the Right turn phase to show off the bucks big 3-point side. Really glad we did that. But when I shot this buck, this was exactly what he was doing except looking over his left shoulder instead. I actually had a little deja vu and got the chills when I first looked at the mount. I don't know if you can get much more realistic than that. What do you think, Andy? Recognize this buck?

Enjoy!

post-500-1283988204_thumb.jpg

post-500-1283988245_thumb.jpg

post-500-1283988331_thumb.jpg

Very nice. My compliments. Looks like Weller's knows how to mount coues. They got the head and the ears just right. The position of the ears seems to be tricky for a lot of taxidermists. Beautiful mount.

Lee

I remember that buck!! B E A U T I F U L!! Great buck great mount! And yes...that was quick!

Ernesto C

That is an awesome mount. Wellers and Mogollon are the only places I will take my animals. Bud Weller actually taught Clay at Mogollon a lot when Clay actually worked under him years ago. The mounts that they both put out are as realistic as they get. Congrats>

Wow

That is one of the best mounts I've seen in awhile. Beautiful for sure. :)

TJ

Hey, and I just spoke with Gavin Weller and Weller's Wildlife is donating a shoulder mount to the Coues Buck contest, so make sure to enter the contest! Thank you so much Weller's!! Someone is going to love this prize!

For information on the contest:

http://www.coueswhitetail.com/Coues_Buck_C...est_2010-11.htm