Sign in to follow this  
azdesert rat

cow tag filled

not mutch to brag on but i did finaly draw a tag ang get my first elk with a bow. opening day i sat all day on a water hole well off the beatin path come about 5:30 2 nice bulls started fightin behinde me, the bull on the winning side drove his cows down the hill but not 2 the pond, i turned around and stood up just as the bull and my cow came out and busted me drawing, held for a min-min 1/2 till the bull mooved off and the cow took 2 steps, her vitals not behinde a tree any more i let my arow fly at 40yd's hitting a little high,the rage took out 2 ribs on entry a chunk out of 1 verdabray and another rib on the way out,she went about 80 yrds and fell dead over an old log.

post-3972-1284422293_thumb.jpg

post-3972-1284422443_thumb.jpg

we had 2 tags in my camp both filled opening day. spent the rest of the weekend relaxing in camp and doin a lil drinkin with the family and frinds that showed up 4 my hunt :D

if u look at the bottom pic u can c where my facemask ended and the greas paint begins,probaly shoulda wiped it off befor the pick :ph34r:

That's a great accomplishment, congratulations. Sitting quietly and motionless all day is tough, and in the moment to draw and wait, manage the emotional pump and shoot accurately is tough. Great job.

Congratulations on your elk. It's always nice to get your animal right off the bat. I prefer that so I can kick back and help others and playing the part of camp b!%$. :)

TJ

yea im happy with it it was still a blast and now i dont have 2 worry about fillin the freezer come rifle couse, witch means i can horn hunt :D

Looks like some tasty meals are coming your way! Way to go! I've killed a bull, but am 0 for 5 on cows with my bow. That's a great accomplishment for sure.

Nick