Sign in to follow this  
Azhunter84

2010 elk success

WoW!! Great elk! You gotta give us some more details of the hunt!!

+1

Congrats on a great bull, now let's hear the story.

Holy Smokes! What an awesome specimen! That is a bull to be proud of. Congratulations!

+2 on the story!

Nick

The hunt started for me in mid july when I began scouting. We were able to locate a handful of good bulls throughout the summer. As the summer progressed we lost track of the majority of the bulls we had be seeing. The calling was horrible hearing very few bugles the weekend before the hunt. I was able to catch a break and locate a water that this bull recently started coming to. Saturday night at dusk he gave a great oppourtunity that resulted in a 60 yard kill shot right behind the shoulder. We reviewed the film multiple times making sure it was a good hit. He broke off about 12 inches of the arrow, was not a pass through. We decided to leave him be for the night and come back in the morning. Nearly impossible to sleep that night the sun was finally up. He had only gone 300yds and there he lay. It was such a relief to see him after a long sleepless night. thanks to everybody that participated in the scounting and hunt!

Also that is actually his g-4 that is so long his brow tines were close together, he had a small kicker off of his g-1 left side and g-4 right side.

thanks all

That is a phenominal archery bull! Congratulations!

Think you can post video?!

Good job on you for putting in so many hours scouting and I'm glad it payed off.

I can only imagine the sleepless night you had!