Sign in to follow this  
Santana Outdoors

2010 Arizona Elk Hunt video in HD

Here is a prime example of getting excited on your first bull hunt. His arrow went over the bull missing a beautiful bull.

My son told me the bull ducked when he shot, I saw the bull drop a little with my eye in the field, but what amazed me was when I slowed it down, how far the bull actually did drop. He still would have missed the shot even if the bull did't drop. After checking the distance again. He had the right pin on him, just Big Bull jitters.

What do you think this bull would have scored?

Eric

Wow nice Bull Id say 360. Was that the arrow kicking up dirt by his back leg or dirt from his hoof? I coulnt hear in the video did he say the shot was 30yds. Anyway great video sorry he didnt get him, hopefully he ended up with one.

Mark

Wow nice Bull Id say 360. Was that the arrow kicking up dirt by his back leg or dirt from his hoof? I coulnt hear in the video did he say the shot was 30yds. Anyway great video sorry he didnt get him, hopefully he ended up with one.

Mark

No, the arrow went over his back.

Great bull that I would say is a solid 360-365" bull. If you aren't getting excited about that then you shouldn't be in the woods. Thanks for sharing the video.

Mark

No, the arrow went over his back.

Iwas too busy looking at the elk dropping and the dirt was eye catching.

Are you guys just rubbing salt in the wound? That is a very nice video and a really really really nice bull. Yet I have a hard time getting over 340 and see a 330 ish bull. I know it is heart breaking, but in many ways a clean miss is a blessing compared to dirty miss if you know what I mean. This experience will just make the eventual bull that your son gets all the more sweeter.

I wish him all the luck,

Bob