WHT_MTNMAN

Youth Hunter

Hey I've made a few calls to Game and Fish but havent' heard back yet so I thought I would ask here also.

So my son turns 10 on April 27th. The turkey hunts I put in for have April and May hunts. My question is can we apply for him, take hunters safety and hunt the May portion of some of these hunts if he is successful in the draw?

I looked online and didn't see anything right off preventing us from doing this, as long as both the age and Hunters ed have been met before he hunts.

Thanks for any info.

I am sure that he can hunt as long as he completes hunters safety before the hunt. The catch is he can't complete the hunters safety course until he turns ten. At least that is what I remember from my kids.

He can apply just has to complete the course before the hunt and have his H.E. card in his pocket while hunting.

YES!! Done! He CAN hunt when he is ten, and has passed hunter's safety!

S.

:)

Yup... must be 10 before he graduates hunter ed... you can apply without it. ;)

called a g&f friend of mine and he says they changed the rules... dont have to be 10 to graduate from it. just have to be 10 before your allowed to hunt. so you can take it when your nine and when you turn ten start hunting. whether its in the middle of the hunt or not. just so long as he is 10 years old when he or she pulls the trigger

I called the Phoenix office on Wednesday and asked this question. Can my nephew, who happens to be 10yrs old, from Colorado come here and hunt the youth hunt with his hunter ed certificate? The lady told me no because at that age it has to be an Az hunter ed certificate. Now I have been thinking about this for a couple days so decided today to call the mesa office and I was told it doesn't have to be an Az hunter ed card and he could hunt here as long as he passed it in Colorado. Just thought I'ld throw that in. :)

TJ

called a g&f friend of mine and he says they changed the rules... dont have to be 10 to graduate from it. just have to be 10 before your allowed to hunt. so you can take it when your nine and when you turn ten start hunting. whether its in the middle of the hunt or not. just so long as he is 10 years old when he or she pulls the trigger

deserthntr is correct, I have a friend who did this exact thing with his son.

A child can take the course and have it count when he turns nine. That should give you plenty of time before the turkey hunts.