25-06

Just two weeks to go

So tomorrow mornin 2 weeks from now I am a goin to set up camp to hunt coues deer :huh: :lol: :) How many of ya out there have the Oct. hunt and can't hardly wait ?

I have my campsite, opening morning hill, and hopefully the buck (if he's still there) picked out. Went out on Monday and saw quite a few deer. Ther 28th is just around the corner.

thats what i talking about! another 270wsm fan out there, i love mine! but, it is going to be my back up gun..... for my elk hunt hahahaha. it is of course first in line to knock down that 110 im gonna find. if it dont do the trick, its back to my old 270 winny. and yes i am way stocked for the opener. lucky for me, i have a elk hunt to keep my busy that starts friday! it is a cow hunt so it might not take all that long.

Got my camp staked out, for the third time, and I'm now on my fourth first morning spot. I can't make up my mind!!! I haven't seen herds of deer, but decent numbers. At least it's not a question of "I wonder where the deer are this year?" Anyway, firstcoueswas80, where is your cow hunt? My father-in-law has the 5bn hunt starting tomorrow. If you have unit 5bn, look for a 4-door f-250 in blue and silver with an elk in the back :huh: . We should shoot the bull.

Well I have to wait for Nov. for my coues hunt but the wife has a muley tag for the 28th so I will be scouting this weekend for that and she is tuning up her 22-250.

I have a youth hunt with my son next Friday, then my hunt the following week in the same unit.

I'm with you Mule33. This year again we are hunting for mulies in 32, but this time for the second hunt. We always have a great time, it is all very family oriented and it is our vacation. It is my job this year to help my favorite hunting partner, my wife, a deer! It has been a few since she got her last one and I need to keep the hunter fires buring!

I'm kind of happy because it gives me more time to scout and practice but we have another week to wait.

:huh:

I am excited about this hunt. I did not get a chance to scout this year because I had a archery bull tag. My Father, who has a oct. hunt with me just got back from scouting. He saw a buck that could go as high as 120. Normally the first buck I see that is in the mid to upper 90s I shoot.I have a freezer full of elk meat so I think this year I am going to raise my standerds. And if I do not get one, hit them hard on the dec. archery hunt.

Noel

Thursday morning on the 27th i will be headed to 36B. I have all my equipment set up in the "staging area".....hahaha. the extra bedroom i should say. This is the best time of the year boys!!!!!.......woo hoo

ok gotta break up the coues talkfor a minute. I cant wait for my Nov. fourth mulie hunt who else is with me? :ph34r:  :blink:  :blink:

Mulie hunt in NM on the 5th-9th. Get back just in time to set up camp for Nov 11 whitetail hunt in Unit 33!!!

Now that's what I call a good two weeks!

Well I didn't get a deer tag like the rest of you lucky hunters. My buddy managed to draw a coues tag in 6a so I am going to help him out. I am heading up this Sunday to take a look around, hopefully I can find a pocket of deer. I guess I will have to chase them around in December with my bow. Good luck fellas. David

ok gotta break up the coues talkfor a minute. I cant wait for my Nov. fourth mulie hunt who else is with me? :ph34r:? :blink:? :blink:

Mulie hunt in NM on the 5th-9th. Get back just in time to set up camp for Nov 11 whitetail hunt in Unit 33!!!

Now that's what I call a good two weeks!

Ah mulies, just got back from my mule deer hunt. Took a heavy horned 22" 3 point, he was the best I could find. Fills the freezer though so I can concentrate on big horns on my coues hunt.

AZbomb,

I'm huntin coues Nov. 5-9 in NM. What unit you huntin?