Sign in to follow this  
stanley

Junior Kiabab Hunt

Very nice, Stan. great pics. My oldest is ten this year and has 3 tags to fill in November. Looking forward to that. His brother is already hooked too. Now if I can get my daughter to hunt by the time she is ten then we will have some "primping" pics for sure. I wonder if they will have designer camo by then, lol. She is all girl as well.

Greta- Looks like your deer hunt was great fun for you. Congrats on your success and keep drawing those tags.

Stan- I know you enjoyed it as much as Greta. Thanks for that and taking the time for your kids. But why did you skip the traditional initiation for first time successful hunters of smearing blood on their face ;) . How did the new tent work out for you?

Greta- Looks like your deer hunt was great fun for you. Congrats on your success and keep drawing those tags.

Stan- I know you enjoyed it as much as Greta. Thanks for that and taking the time for your kids. But why did you skip the traditional initiation for first time successful hunters of smearing blood on their face ;) . How did the new tent work out for you?

Thanks Doug! Yes, I absolutely enjoyed it as much as Greta (maybe even more.... ;) )! Regarding the initiation, no blood smear on the face, but we DID dine on the heart on Saturday night for dinner! Kind of an initiation of sorts I suppose...... ;) Plus she insisted on munching on a few raw scraps while we were cutting the meat on Sunday AM! :blink:

The Ultimate Alaknak tent worked-out great, thanks! We've had it out in the field several different times camping this year already, and we're loving it. I'm also a big fan of the 'bunk cots' that Cabela's sells (brand is 'Camo-cots'). VERY sturdy, and it makes it much easier to fit 4 people in the 12x12 tent.

S.

:)

Propane! Just a little Coleman 'cheapy'..... Also, we have enough space in the tent that I heated coffee & hot cocoa on a Coleman stove inside the tent in the AM. Between the stove & heater, it got nice n warm in the AM very quickly. We don't leave any of the stuff running at night though, that's what nice warm bags are for. ;) As for the condensation, yes it was there. We had four of us in the tent, so I suspect it was more from us ex-hailing all night long, as opposed to the propane. I ended-up hanging-out a bit longer than anticipated on Sunday prior to leaving for home just to let the tent air-out a bit more.

I looked at some wood stoves, but packing space is limited with three kids, so I didn't really consider it.

S.

:)

Absolutely awesome man!! Congrats to Greta and the 3 other kids in camp.

I have 6 more years to wait until my daughter has her own tag. I can't wait.