Sign in to follow this  
Dodge66

My Tag is filled...

First thing its 5am and Im on my way to school On Friday wishing I was out in the Feild But as luck would have it I had a huge test I could not get out of. I had everything loaded up Quad gun binos ETC ETC. I jump in the truck and im about half way to school and It dawns on me I have not seen my tag in about 2 months. I Calll the Girl and Im like babe wake up Have you seen my tag. She gets up and Looks all around the house but cant find it. Im pissed at my self who would do this loose there tag and forget about it after all the scotting trips and to the range I over looked the most importan thing uhh. Well She cant find it so Im liek crap im not going today. Well I hang up with her and about 5 min later she calls to tell me she found it. Hunt is back on. Well My hunting buddy and Good Freind had been in the hunitng Grounds since Weds and I had a feeling that he would have a buck down soon. and got the Text he had filled his tag.. Its 7:30 am and he sends a Pic over that shows this Awsome Buck.. I was going out of my mind Sitting there waiting for the day to get over so I can make the 2 hr Drive to the hunting ground.. Well I get out of there in a hurry and Im thinking ok everything is loaded Lets roll. I Burn Diesel all the way and get out there around 430. I unload and hit the hills with Eric. We start glassing and we glass all the way tell its Dark we See about 20 Doe but no buck's.. So we call it good and head back to camp for Dinner and some Cold ones. Well its about 8pm and seems like 2am so we hit the sack. My Brother was coming out in the am and also Sam Was heading out to. They get out and to camp and we roll to a spot we know are holding deer. Start glassing and its about 630 Sam spots up a couple of bucks working there way down and around. So we talk about it and make the Dission we are going for it. We load up and make a short drive Get out and start glassing we cant find them so we start pushing in. Eric and My Brother Bill stay and the Hill to watch for the Deer and me and Sam Start moving in. We move and glass and Move and glass. We see Some Does and a Spike that we had seen that morning moving up the back Draw so we push at this point we are only about 200 yrds away from the canyon. All of the sudden we get busted by the 2 Bucks we where after Sam Is liek there they are and Boy where they shooting up the Draw running Sam was like the 2 one Shoot him. I drop My 12x56 vortex Razors On the Ground from a stand and Pull on the Harris Bipod and im about a 1 Sec im in shooting Postion with my Rem 700, 308 Well No time to rang I find my target and Put 1 in Him... Game over Boys...I would like to thank My brother for comming out and leaving his house at 2:30am to be out there I think you are my good luck charm. Eric For sticking around after your tag was filled and always down for Cold ones and anything that has to do with hunting or Fishing, and to Sam for comming out on a sat and Helping with the overall sucsess of my hunt With out these guys I would Not have taken this Buck, Proubly be eating Tag soup for Dinner.. Thanks Buddys,

post-4448-1287970552_thumb.jpg

post-4448-1287970829_thumb.jpg

Holy moley :blink: those are nice eye guards! Congrats, I love the picture with the sunset!

Thanks Guys I will Post up some more just got done Boiling up the Skull so shoudl be up Soon..

Just remember next time take a pack to hike the meat out in, a knife for butchering, a bag for the meat, a camera, and a 101 lesson on deboning Big Brother isn't gonna be there for all the time. :lol: :lol: Great job man! some more pics for ya

post-2931-1288023238_thumb.jpg

post-2931-1288023263_thumb.jpg

post-2931-1288023285_thumb.jpg

post-2931-1288023335_thumb.jpg

Nice buck! an I really like the sunset picture!

Well I had all that stuff but lft it in the Cat to get on the Deer Fast.. Plus it gave you guys some things to Bring up the canyon with you.hahahaha

Here is a Pic of the skull Boiled out...

Also BigBeave you need to Post some of yours...

untitled.bmp

untitled.bmp