azpredator@work

Where's everyone going in 2011?

I was drawn first choice 37B ham hunt. Archery is my gear of choice.

My son was drawn 3rd choice 37b Ham hunt :angry: . Not real happy about that one, but it will be interesting who gets "first shot" :unsure: . I told him he has to hunt archery for now on for the stink pig.

i didn't put in but i am buying leftover 36a/b/c archery jav's to hunt with my buddy

good luck to everyone!!

200"mulie

Will be getting left overs for 36s.

Fyi. If anyone knows of a woman hunter that is interested in learning to hunt javelina, please have them email me as coueswhitetail.com is hosting a womens javelina hunt in the 36s. My email is amanda@coueswhitetail.com

I'll be in 33 for Archery Javi and Deer B)

post-5066-1291265331_thumb.jpg

I drew the 27 HAM hunt, along with a buddy. The plan is to go "way hard core" with traditional equipment. No inlines, no scopes, no fiber optics, just traditional black powder piggies. I'm torn, I've got a Hawkins .50 cal flintlock that needs a new barrel (totally unrelated crappy story), my grandfather's Hawkins .50 cal improved percussion, and a Remington 1858 "Old Navy" .44 cal stainless revolver - old cap and ball six shooter.

Part of me wants to restore my .50 cal Hawkins flintlock and use that - I've always dreamed of taking a critter with it...on the other hand, Grandpa is way past his hunting years and has taken many a deer and turkey with his trusty old percussion Hawkins.

So do I go for a new barrell on my flintlock as a primary, or use granddad's old Hawkins? I'm leaning more toward grandpa's gun. It's way more reliable than my flint lock, and has taken its share of game. On the other hand, if we are going super traditional, what better than a flint gun?

It's gonna be fun and interesting...on a side note, using straight traditional weapons, I don't see donning head-to-toe camo, but I don't exactly have any Davy Crockett outfits laying around...If I do shoot a piggie with Grandpa's old Hawkins or the 1858 or my flint, I just don't seeing it being quite right if we're not trying to be high tech to go all-out camo. Maybe dressing a little more "old west" will make it more fun.

Just looking for info and opinions...