The October Whitetail hunt convinced me that I need another backpack; one thay fits me better. Any recommendations? I need a tough day pack with side pockets to carry tripod and small stool. Interior should be large enough for a boned-out buck, maybe 110" B&C! Thanks

mystery ranch makes pretty much the best hunting pack i've found, and i've been through just about all of them. they are pricey though.

Check out the Outdoorsmans pack. Not only are they a sponser here, but it's the perfect pack for western hunters!!!

I was in the same boat as you after my november hunt decided the "Just One" was just overkill. I researched packs and narrowed it to two the Eberlestock X2 and the Blacks Creek Western after loading both of them up with my hunting gear and testing them both out at the store. I settled on the Blacks Creek just fit me alot better. Both packs were great it just came down to fit. I would suggest trying on the packs and testing them out to see which ones fit you best. Also both packs would easily pack out a boned out coues.

Check out the Outdoorsmans pack. Not only are they a sponser here, but it's the perfect pack for western hunters!!!

+1

Sponsor Outdoorsmans sells lots of great products, including their new backpack.

http://www.outdoorsmans.com/

You can also get some great packs from another sponsor....Payson Outfitters (now Santana Outdoors).

http://www.paysonoutfitters.com/servlet/St...affiliate_no=10

You can call and talk to some very knowledgeable staff at either of those two businesses. They can help you narrow down your search and get a great price.

Eberlestock X1E!

Compact, comfortable, rifle scabbard, easy to maneuver with.

Ace

I have had 3 badlands, some small one, the original 2200, and the 2800. I have always been fairly happy with them. with the exception of cinchin them down when carrying less they seem sloppy. When packed full they are great but i end up carrying more than i need to. I talked with the Mystery Ranch guys in Dallas last January and tried on their packs...WOW! they are amazing, extremely versatile and adjustable and can range from 1800 ci to 5 or 6000 somethin ci. They are pricey as all heck but they will be my next pack. They are very well built and seem exactly what i need for hunting/scouting light to big back country hunts and packing meat.

I have the eberlestock dragonfly J107. It is a great pack. I can fit all my gear and a deer. It also has a zip on expansion that they call a "spike duffle" that is super nice for extended length backpack hunts. It is a sturdy pack that can support more weight that you would be able to carry. and it is super comfortable. My $.02 Good luck

I have the eberlestock X1A1 and also a badlands 2200 but I have to say that after getting the Outdoorsman Pack I normally will be found using it with the other two sitting in the closet. The Outdoorsman is hands down the best pack I've ever used. It caters to the hunting style we use out in the west with perfect pockets for tripods, just the right amount of space, perfect amount of straps to haul and secure extra gear, and very easy to use the rifle/bow scabbard. It is so easy to tell that it was designed and built by hunters that it blows you away everytime you put it on. I also strip the pack off the frame and use just the frame for shed hunting as well. It is pricey but you deffinately get what you pay for.

you guys do it all wrong. i own a buncha backpacks, from little soft deals to alaskan freighters. i want my boys to have the very best when they are punkin' my stuff outta the woods, while i supervise. usually in shade in my folding lounge chair while drinkin' a diet mt dew. Lark.