Sign in to follow this  
AZ_XL7

2010 Late Season Bull

First off let me say that i hardly never post pics on the net but in this case i have too. Let me start by thanking my wife who is supportive of my crazy obession for hunting. The hunt started out slow, we didnt see any elk friday or early saturday morning. We into an area that we knew held elk in hope of seeing a big ole guy but all we found was a spkie and some cows. Well something told me we needed to make a play on the spike( glad we did). we were about 250 yards from the spike when we noticed this bull about 2 ridges over from the other animals. So there me and my cousin go, mind you not the death march to get to the spike was decent but this one was one for the ages. We lost sight of the bull for about 20 minutes while we made our way to a vantage point were we knew the shot would be good. Well we didnt find him, no sign no nothing so need less to say i was rather bummed. He could have only gone one place and that was down a canyon. We waited about 30 minutes before deciding to head back to the truck. We started down the hill on the slope facing where he was when all of a sudden he busted out of the bottom and went straight up. I sat down to get a rest my cousin ranged him 200 on the nose, he turned broad side and i let him have it. Well he didnt go down, racked another one and sailed it over his back( my nerves and the fever set in) the third shot hit him back and low and from the pic you can see where the final shot hit. He went about 20 yards and pilled up. We finally got back to camp around 1am this morning. I can honestly say this is by far the hardest most physically demamding thing to date i have ever been threw. This is my first ever elk and i couldnt be happier. Both of his 3's and one of his 2's are broken. Not a monster but my trophy and fighter. I want to thank my cousin steve, darrin, jayce, chelsea, as well as phil and luke with out these guys glassing for me it wouldnt have been possible. Darrin and jayce left around noon and were back to help us pack him out last night about 7. Thank you guys again.

post-2969-1290989749_thumb.jpg

post-2969-1290989769_thumb.jpg

Good job on the bull. It can be a lot of work getting them out. We have had to pack a couple of them out under the rim. Hey that's part of the fun :lol:

The harder you work for em' the sweeter the memories! Great job! JIM>

Nice bull Tyrone! Did we meet at Apache lake for the band on the boat gig? You had a jet boat if I remember correctly.

Nice bull Tyrone! Did we meet at Apache lake for the band on the boat gig? You had a jet boat if I remember correctly.

You would be correct. I remember a little about the convo but i had a few beers in me so not all of it. :lol: