Sign in to follow this  
talltines

Odd looking critter caught on trailcam

A few shots from this weeks trailcamming! The squirrel with the pointy ears was a first, but the other thing is what has me stifled! Any help would be appreciated!

post-5017-1291166710_thumb.jpg

post-5017-1291166751_thumb.jpg

post-5017-1291166779_thumb.jpg

post-5017-1291166808_thumb.jpg

post-5017-1291166833_thumb.jpg

post-5017-1291166865_thumb.jpg

post-5017-1291167142_thumb.jpg

post-5017-1291167211_thumb.jpg

post-5017-1291167431_thumb.jpg

And If you are Coati crazy- check out this read. - CHULO- A Year Among the Coatimundis. by Bil Gilbert.

It's actually a pretty good read. These folks spend like a year with these critters up near Kitt Peak in Az.

I've glassed em up a few times and run into them in the hills also. Tribal critters.

Nice trail cam pics- Good spot for sure!

AzP&Y

post-898-1291172788_thumb.jpg

I appreciate all the information on this crazy looking thing! I guess by the sounds of it I should expect to see more while hunting in southeastern Arizona!

Ive actually seen them up here by Payson a couple of times, I have even seen one at 6500 feet just east of here. Here is a video I took about a year ago.

Ive actually seen them up here by Payson a couple of times, I have even seen one at 6500 feet just east of here. Here is a video I took about a year ago.

Cool! I told my buddies in Minnesota that they have a new critter headed their way... Lol! Thanks for sharing the video. :)

No one has mentioned it yet, but just in case your interested, you are allowed to shoot one per calendar year in Arizona. No special tag is required, just your hunting license. I don't think you'd want to eat one, but they do make a nice looking lifesize mount and a I'm sure it would be a fun conversation piece with all your Minnesota buddies.

awesome pics. love the doe in the second pic. what did you put out for them to eat?

I used course mineral salt. I like it better then salt blocks because they get their salt and move on, using a block I end up with too many images of the same deer because they need to keep licking to get the salt. My personal choice for trailcammin". I like corn the best, but way to expensive in Arizona, and very heavy to carry up the mountain to my little wildlife "honeyhole"!