Sign in to follow this  
June

No good BRUSH BEATERS in 35!!!

Thanks for the understanding.

I believe as unfortunate as it was. That we made the right decision in handling this situation. I'm appreciative for the feedback given..I think the feedback given will benefit others if faced with a similar dilemma..

Believe me, I wanted to pretend these guys were not there and have him take the shot...So I took their picture instead..Been thinking about deleting them. <_<

When you come home safe and in one piece you have to say you made the right decision. I think now that I have seen this scenario up here I have more thoroughly thought through the possible consequences much more so than if I was thrown into this situation out in the field.

Guest 300ultramag.

i would advise not using violent discussions on this one.. have any of you seen the movie felony? thats

I would drop back a few 100 yds. and kick a field goal ;)

im certain that the buck has seen this sort of thing before if hes a mature 6 yo ....he probably did the muley look back.. and then bedded up.. good news.. your at your comp to tell about it..so you did the right thing... ive had a gun pulled on me twice in this life... each perpetrator got two different reactions from me.. so I cant say.. but great pics nonetheless.. i agree they should be scared.. but have you seen what they do at 15 yo kids b-day parties.. or to the law enforcement.. they have a 3rd world take on life.. they see death pretty early from where ther coming from.. something different in a man that grows up in that kind of environment..

I have hunted down south and seen this same sort of thing also. Your decision not to shoot at that deer was a good one. Them fellas that were hauling that contraband were not packing iron for nothing. If they knew where you were as you stated, do not think that return fire would not have ensued had you shot at that deer. Rip offs happen daily out in the desert. Protecting that load is more important than a life to them. Good call on your behalf. Best of luck.

I think you made the right decision to not shoot, especially since they knew you were there.

Did BP show up in the area and do you know if they caught them?

Yeck ya shoot the Buck, Im not going to pass on anything here for those drug running pieces of crap. and call them in Bp will be on them quick.

I know for a fact you did the right thing but I don't know if it were me. I may have a Marine Corps flashback, shoot the buck then scan down to the one with the gun and let his actions determine my next move. I need to just stay out of there myself as I have been. Once you've been through the training its too easy to snap back to it later... that brainwashing stuff.

LOL I told my fiance about this and she said "My dad and brother would've shot the guy with the gun, shot the buck, went over feild dressed the deer, then went down and took the drugs... then went back next year to see if they could have scored another deal" Her family lives in Wyoming, hate illegles and love to smoke pot! LMAO she's funny.

what I would think about doing: engage, never return.

what I might do: shoot the buck and leave as fast as possible

what I would do: leave and report

thats why I don't hunt down there

+1 to who ever said we need BP in each unit on call

Guest super jumbo

My bullets would be landing all around them all the way up the hill. Keep em landing within 50 yards until they were out of site from a safe ridgetop. Enough is enough.

I would take the shot as long as there was no possibility of hitting a "mule".

From the pics, you are far enough away so that if they decide to respond with aggression, you would

have enough space to decide whether to run or engage the threat. Most Coues deer hunters are good shots, they would be wise to continue on their way.