I wanted to get this out there for everyone to see. I will do more of a write up on it later. In summary, I found this buck on Friday and got him on video tape (will send a DVD to Amanda). I found him again on Saturday and was able to take him at 12:45 from 275 yards with one shot. He was only 595 yards away when I glassed him but the stock took over an hour because I had to go down to the bottom of the canyon and up the other side. Very rough gross score is around 114" with a net around 107". NM is a great place to go and spend time in the outdoors. More to come later. Just not enough time right now. CB

post-268-1131462878.jpg

Congrats on a terrific buck! Your photo is exceptional as well! I'm looking forward to the story. What about the bear Scott mentioned?

Kevin

Great looking buck congrats, can't wait until this weekend.

Very nice photo also

congrats, nice buck!! Was there a constrant stream of road hunters in there this year? The last 2 years have been pretty bad. Just wondered if the draw thinned it out a little. AG

VIDEO? Cannot wait to see some of it.

Definitely a nice buck! Glad to hear you were able to cut the distance and get a good shot! Stalking them after spotting one is a big part of the thrill for me.

Chris,

Really glad you got that buck after scouting him up. A definite reward.

Was nice to meet you and Larry, and thanks for the dinner of antelope steaks and dutch oven cherry cobbler.

How did the last morning's hunt go?

Doug~RR